testtest

High Point.....

We have all of the pistols. I will agree that they are heavy and not very ergonomic but after about 5k rounds through 4 pistols we have never had a malfunction. Actually we did have a Winchester round that did not fire but on inspection (pulled the bullet and dumped the powder), the primer was empty. They always go bang for us. While we have numerous other options, these are good solid performers if you treat them like any other weapon.
In terms of them blowing up, you should check out the video where a fellow fills the barrels of 10 different HiPoint .45's and fires them. The guns fired everything including a barrel full of set up concrete. He really wanted to blow one up but failed. Check it out.
. Demo ranch video.
Loved the beginning of the video, thanks for link. Very impressive, didn’t think they would survive.

Last edited:
Any time. I am not sure I would use a HiPoint for a combat operation if I had other options but I would certainly use one if it was the only option. You just have to get used to some of the differences like the absence of a slide release. I am pretty old and was trained in the service with a 1911a1 because that was all there was way back then (old Infantry Officer). The HP's do require tools to be disassembled but you can remove the magazine safety easily and they are pretty tough guns from our experience. I will say that the factory is excellent. One of the boys lost some of the small parts in his 9mm while it was disassembled and they replaced them for free. I tried hard to pay for them but they were not having it.. So, all in all we might not carry them every day but I am not getting rid of them either. My other boy (a US Marine) broke the frame doing something "Marine-like" (spelled dumb as a rock). They replaced that for him at no charge. That gun was a .40 and when it came back it was just like new.

I know a few guys that bought them just, because. They bought them because they were cheap and wanted to see how “reliable” they were, actually trying to cause it to jam. A couple had a few failures. Then a few bought the carbines and said they were way more reliable than the pistols. Of course there are better out there for not much more money and I don’t know of anyone that totes a Hi Point for their EDC.
I do like watching Demolition Ranch though. You can get a Ruger for not much more and would probably get a lil better reliability.

The carbines seem to be reliable. If I could get a 20rd mag, I’d probably consider a .45, in fact.

When I used to assist a friend teaching basic handgun/carry classes, students with High Points experienced a higher number of failures than students with other guns. Just my observation.

If you said I was heading into an inevitable fight and had my choice between a High Point and a sharp stick...I’d have to think about it.

I have a 9mm carbine and have shot 1000's of rounds thru it without ant problems! I really don't take care of it and it just keeps working. For the money I paid for it 15 years ago- worth every penny.

Back