testtest

Hodgdon Annual Manual

Old_Me

Ronin
i just got an email from Hodgdon, my first one ever, regarding their "Annual Manual", for $14.99

anyone here ever buy one or still do..??

thanks in advance

1706384169114.png

yeah, the Hodgdon site, is out of stock..several other online sites are out of stock, and one other has it but the shipping is almost identical to the $14.99 price, so screw that place.

so i did a google search, and found that Etsy which i have an account with, has them on back order, BUT at only $18.00 plus free shipping, so i put one on order there for a projected Feb 5th ship date.

yes, very often i too just look up online at Hodgdon for the Titegroup updates.

many have suggested when i started reloading, that having books on hand is good, (i have 5 of the most popular ones) and checking updates online is a back up.

i am still at the "starting charges" of the 9mm and 45 ACP, but plan for the next batch of reloads is to bump up that charge to more of a "middle" range.

next reloading batches won't be for at least another month or 2..

who better to have updates on thier brand of powder than the factory..??

thanks to all of you.

my new Hodgdon 2024 reloading manual just arrived. was supposed to be here by the 5th.

only about 7 days since i ordered it thru Etsy.

lots of information for sure, going to check the calibers i reload only.

yeah, i switch them out, as i think a new gal ought to grace this site.

Jennifer Aniston for those who cannot see her all that well, due to sizing.

well, her eyes are up further than where someone might be looking.
The avatar pic was too small for me to recognize her. She's still hot!

Can you imagine that Brat Pitt woke up one morning, looked over at Jennifer Aniston, and thought to himself, "Yah...y'know, I think I can do better." :oops:

The avatar pic was too small for me to recognize her. She's still hot!

Can you imagine that Brat Pitt woke up one morning, looked over at Jennifer Aniston, and thought to himself, "Yah...y'know, I think I can do better." :oops:
i think you have to click onto the avatar, then when it expands a bit, click on it a second time....

that's what i do, and it is quite a bit larger.

1706993175431.png

and you forgot to ask me all about the reloading manual i just got today.....

"hey old me, how's that great looking reloading manual you got today"?

"oh yeah snake, it's fantastic".....

i think you have to click onto the avatar, then when it expands a bit, click on it a second time....

that's what i do, and it is quite a bit larger.

View attachment 51841

and you forgot to ask me all about the reloading manual i just got today.....

"hey old me, how's that great looking reloading manual you got today"?

"oh yeah snake, it's fantastic".....
That doesn't look like Jennifer Aniston.

I usually buy one every year, since new powders come and old ones go so often anymore it seems. Besides, it's handy to have the two most recent ones handy, both in the basement with the reloading benches or upstairs within reach of the sofa.

I usually balk at the cost of a mere magazine, but they do have as much data as many manuals costing a lot more.

I used to pick up the free guides from the powder companies regularly, but don't we those around anymore.

EDIT: The new avatar got my attention also.
It pops.
Due to the small size, I thought it was an older picture of Kathleen Turner.

I usually buy one every year, since new powders come and old ones go so often anymore it seems. Besides, it's handy to have the two most recent ones handy, both in the basement with the reloading benches or upstairs within reach of the sofa.

I usually balk at the cost of a mere magazine, but they do have as much data as many manuals costing a lot more.

I used to pick up the free guides from the powder companies regularly, but don't we those around anymore.

EDIT: The new avatar got my attention also.
It pops.
Due to the small size, I thought it was an older picture of Kathleen Turner.
size limits of 400 x 400 for avatars here. as a result, many things get "smooshed".

One cannot have too many reloading manuals. I have them going back to the 70's. I get new ones when they come out because they always have new powders I may have or want to try. They at least provide starting points so you don't blow yourself up 'experimenting' with things you shouldn't ever be experimenting with! I've been reloading for over 50 years now and and have worked up exactly 1 load for which there was zero data available. To be honest, it was scary and not at all worth it. I don't anticipate ever doing it again! Now that's not to say I haven't gone beyond the book limits with one or three loads over the years. Depends on the firearm and how the moon looks. Often as not, it's *below* what the book says, such as in the case of loading .357 Mag cases with light .38 Special loads, something I've been doing for 30+ years without incident. The truth is, there is so little difference in the case volumn that it simply doesn't make a difference! But it's a rare exception. Beyond that, having lots of books on your shelf makes you look smarter... as long as you've actually read them, of course!
Cheers,
crkckr

One thing I dislike about the Hodgdon annual manual (AnMan?) is the choice of what cartridges they drop, keep, and add. The .300 Savage disappeared a few years ago, and at first glance of this year's I see the .303 British is gone.
Yet they have .17 Hornet and .22 TCM for the 12 people loading those.

...at first glance of this year's I see the .303 British is gone.
Huh. I just checked and you're right. I was interested in starting to load for .303 Brit and wanted to see what bullet they recommended.

When I got my .303 reloading supplies a few years ago (dies and IIRC 200 brand new cases), I bought some bullets for 7.62 x 39 COMBLOC, as they were cheap and at .310, SHOULD work. Guess I'll have to look up info in an old edition of the thing. ;)

Back