testtest

Hollywood, the 1911 & Its Stunt Double

Another fine article indeed! May I suggest you submit this and your other articles to the NRA magazines as their articles all sound the same. They just change the firearm and caliber ;^)
Many of us shoot Wild Bunch matches which require the 1911 and the Winchester 1897 Pump Shotgun. We also shoot Cowboy 4 Gun matches which require 2 single action pistols, a double barrel shotgun or the 1897 and a lever action rifle.

Hey Mike, what about sheriff Walt Longmire?

But, come to think of it there was a glaring error in his handling of his 1911 in one episode - he was walking into a house that had an active alarm and he reached down to his holstered 1911 and cocked the hammer back! My reaction was - Holy crap! He's carrying holstered with a round chambered and the hammer down?!?!?! So, maybe its a good thing you didn't mention him in the article...

You may be correct, but I am reasonably sure that Pancho Villa and Griffith showed the 1911 first in Villa’s propaganda film that was shot in 1914. I’m not 100% positive. There was footage of an American Jew (from NY... I think) who was a machine gunner fighting for Villa.

Hey Mike, what about sheriff Walt Longmire?

But, come to think of it there was a glaring error in his handling of his 1911 in one episode - he was walking into a house that had an active alarm and he reached down to his holstered 1911 and cocked the hammer back! My reaction was - Holy crap! He's carrying holstered with a round chambered and the hammer down?!?!?! So, maybe its a good thing you didn't mention him in the article...

Love that show just like I did Justified, and Yellowstone.

There's a darn good reason the 1911-A1 has transcended time and is the most recognized handgun in the world.

If Wyatt Earp, Doc Holiday and other Western icons had access to the 1911-A1, they would have carried one.

The 1911-A1 set the handgun standard. It's the handgun all over handguns aspire to become ;-)

I love my Springfield Range Officer 45 ACP. It shoots amazing. All the above articles have been great reads and have given me a lot of great material to research. Thank you for all the work put into them. Both my springfield 1911's get used frequently. My two oldest grandsons like shooting them too. They like the 9mm better, but shoot better with the 45 acp.

I have been looking for a Range Officer both finishes. Mostly sold out everywhere, any idea where to check?
Buds Gun shop or Midway USA maybe a good starting point.

Thanks for replying, I did see one used on there up for bids. Never dealt with GunBroker. Always felt a little insecure with the concept. Anyways, worked good for you. Thanks again.

Thanks for replying, I did see one used on there up for bids. Never dealt with GunBroker. Always felt a little insecure with the concept. Anyways, worked good for you. Thanks again.
Gunbroker is legit. I don't do any auctions though. Find items with buy it now and look at their seller ratings. Most of those guys will deal on the side too if you message them.

That is how I got my RO. If memory serves me right It was around $850 including shipping. Of course then I had to pay the FFL fee, just never ends.

Back