testtest

Holosun 407 vs 507

Sld1959

Hellcat
Just starting to look at electonic sights and have kind of liked the features of the Holosun 407 and 507 dot sights. I like the side load tray, the backup sight notch, and the fact I can get either in Green dot, which I would prefer to red I believe. I have had a number of green sights and greatly prefer them to red or orange.

That said, is the 507 worth the extra price. From what I have seen they have different dot options and that's the only difference. Being this would be an experiment, not even sure I will like an electric sight, is that worth the extra cost.

I am really on the fence if I should even try it as no other gun I own will have one. And likely won't, unless I really fall for it.

The 507 has the option for the 32 MOA circle reticle which means it cover 32in at 100yds. Now if you cut that yardage in half to 50yds the circle will cover 16in. The combination circle & dot combo feature is nice for quick target acquisition but it can come off as too busy for some shooters. With a perfectly zeroed sight having the 32MOA circle and 2MOA dot at the same time and some training using the combination you should be able to confidently throw lead on target pretty quickly especially in a defensive use. In my experience single dot sights on pistols take me a second to find before I'm able to accurately shoot. I do shoot out to 100yds accurately with a .22lr target pistol with a mounted single dot sight pretty regularly.

Both models have a solar panel option and if you do buy either sight I'd recommend the solar option.

As for color options I'd leave that up to the end user as to which is best for you.

The 507 has the option for the 32 MOA circle reticle which means it cover 32in at 100yds. Now if you cut that yardage in half to 50yds the circle will cover 16in. The combination circle & dot combo feature is nice for quick target acquisition but it can come off as too busy for some shooters. With a perfectly zeroed sight having the 32MOA circle and 2MOA dot at the same time and some training using the combination you should be able to confidently throw lead on target pretty quickly especially in a defensive use. In my experience single dot sights on pistols take me a second to find before I'm able to accurately shoot. I do shoot out to 100yds accurately with a .22lr target pistol with a mounted single dot sight pretty regularly.

Both models have a solar panel option and if you do buy either sight I'd recommend the solar option.

As for color options I'd leave that up to the end user as to which is best for you.

Thanks, it sounds like the extra for the 507 might make sense if for no other reason it gives the option to see what I may like.

Thanks, it sounds like the extra for the 507 might make sense if for no other reason it gives the option to see what I may like.
I doubt you'll find yourself switching between reticles often. You'll be more likely to find the setting you like and stick with it. I like the option to have both the circle and dot on at the same time. If you get to know the MOA of the circle well you'll have no problem putting shots on target as long as that target is inside the circle. The dot gives you the precision the circle gets you on target faster.

You can't go wrong either way if you consistently practice to what you're using the accessory for.

I personally haven't delved into a RDS on my carry piece because I'm a minimalist when it comes to concealed carry but I do use a variety on HD & range weapons.

Just starting to look at electonic sights and have kind of liked the features of the Holosun 407 and 507 dot sights. I like the side load tray, the backup sight notch, and the fact I can get either in Green dot, which I would prefer to red I believe. I have had a number of green sights and greatly prefer them to red or orange.

That said, is the 507 worth the extra price. From what I have seen they have different dot options and that's the only difference. Being this would be an experiment, not even sure I will like an electric sight, is that worth the extra cost.

I am really on the fence if I should even try it as no other gun I own will have one. And likely won't, unless I really fall for it.
I have the Holosun 507C X2 on my Elite 10mm compact, red dot with the solar panel and choices of dot, circle and dot and circle. I prefer just the dot. It gets me on target very quickly, it also has shake awake to help save the battery, as soon as I pick up the gun it’s on. Through practice I’ve developed muscle memory and find the dot right away on gun presentation. No it does not
co-wittiness and I’m ok with that.
I always said no optic on my handguns now I’m very happy I made the choice.

I have the Holosun 507C X2 on my Elite 10mm compact, red dot with the solar panel and choices of dot, circle and dot and circle. I prefer just the dot. It gets me on target very quickly, it also has shake awake to help save the battery, as soon as I pick up the gun it’s on. Through practice I’ve developed muscle memory and find the dot right away on gun presentation. No it does not
co-wittiness and I’m ok with that.
I always said no optic on my handguns now I’m very happy I made the choice.
Great input goose! 😁👍

I'm waiting for an "Eotech Holographic Pistol Sight" as mentioned at the Eotech booth shot show 2022. After training with my XDS MOD 2 9mm with the supplied CT RD, I'm done. Can't find the dot in under 3 seconds. I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Back