testtest

Holosun HS507K using CHPWS adapter

neil0311

Master Class
Anyone have a Hellcat OSP and using a Holosun HS407K or HS507K?

Looking specifically for folks who used the adapter mounting plate sold by CHPWS. Any issues with fit? Do you get any cowitness at all?

Anyone have a Hellcat OSP and using a Holosun HS407K or HS507K?

Looking specifically for folks who used the adapter mounting plate sold by CHPWS. Any issues with fit? Do you get any cowitness at all?
It works so well, I ordered 2nd for my other Hellcat; has a low co-witness.

Attachments

• 20210728_224125.jpg
    20210728_224125.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 816
  • 20210728_224209.jpg
    20210728_224209.jpg
    704.3 KB · Views: 336
  • 20210728_224557.jpg
    20210728_224557.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 285
  • 20210728_224527.jpg
    20210728_224527.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 294
Doesn't look like it's a co witness with that model of Holosun. The sight itself covers the U shape rear sight, hence no co witness. Looks like the sights are to short for that Holosun optic to co witness with. Looks like if you went to this optic, you would need taller sights, perhaps suppressor sights. Or change to another optic that allows the co witness. Check out the Hellcat with the Wasp on it on Springfield's web page, that's a co witness set up. I attached a link for your reference.

https://www.springfield-armory.com/hellcat-series-handguns/hellcat-3-micro-compact-handguns/

Doesn't look like it's a co witness with that model of Holosun. The sight itself covers the U shape rear sight, hence no co witness. Looks like the sights are to short for that Holosun optic to co witness with. Looks like if you went to this optic, you would need taller sights, perhaps suppressor sights. Or change to another optic that allows the co witness. Check out the Hellcat with the Wasp on it on Springfield's web page, that's a co witness set up. I attached a link for your reference.

https://www.springfield-armory.com/hellcat-series-handguns/hellcat-3-micro-compact-handguns/
I would like to get a wasp but I’ve Been hearing about issues with the wasp and I really like the battery swap on the holosun

Do not want a Wasp, and prefer the HS507K for the following reasons:

- Battery is in a tray on the Holosun and doesn’t require me to remove the sight just to change the battery. Don’t have to re-zero or risk stripping screws just to change the battery. I can carry spare batteries and change without any specific tools or workspace. Just a small flat head or similar device is all you need.

- I have Holosun sights on other pistols and rifles and prefer the 32 MOA circle reticle along with the 2 MOA dot. I can train with my Hellcat the exact same way I do my P365XL.

- Shake awake provides “always on” without excessively wearing out the battery.

- Made of T7075 aluminum and certified water resistant (I forget which level).

- Less expensive and more proven design. Been around more than a year on millions of pistols.

Last edited:
I placed the order for the mounting adapter plate and the HS507K. Another reason I want to use the plate is so if I don’t like the combination of Holosun with Hellcat, it’s simple to change.

Some folks have milled or otherwise permanently modified the slide, which is fine unless and until you decide you prefer the Wasp or the new RDS that comes out next year.

On the P365XL, the rear sight is part of the optic cover plate on the slide, so you lose your rear sights no matter which optic you choose. Sig’s own Romeo Zero and the HS507K have a sight notch in the back of the sight which will work on the Hellcat as well. It’s just not as optimal.

Do not want a Wasp, and prefer the HS507K for the following reasons:

- Battery is in a tray on the Holosun and doesn’t require me to remove the sight just to change the battery. Don’t have to re-zero or risk stripping screws just to change the battery. I can carry spare batteries and change without any specific tools or workspace. Just a small flat head or similar device is all you need.

- I have Holosun sights on other pistols and rifles and prefer the 32 MOA circle reticle along with the 2 MOA dot. I can train with my Hellcat the exact same way I do my P365XL.

- Shake awake provides “always on” without excessively wearing out the battery.

- Made of T7065 aluminum and certified water resistant (I forget which level).

- Less expensive and more proven design. Been around more than a year on millions of pistols.
I absolutely dig the Holosun products and you are correct on all counts, except that you cant co witness with that model of Holosun. So, if no co witness is OK with you, then yes its a great option. I am not a fan of the WASP either, but since the options for red dots on the Hellcat that can actually co-witness with it is limited, the Shield and WASP are the only two I am aware of. And again, I am looking at the perspective of utilizing a true co witness to use my iron sights if my optic went down. and even though the Holosun is awesome, you can't truely co witness with it on the Hellcat.

I absolutely dig the Holosun products and you are correct on all counts, except that you cant co witness with that model of Holosun. So, if no co witness is OK with you, then yes its a great option. I am not a fan of the WASP either, but since the options for red dots on the Hellcat that can actually co-witness with it is limited, the Shield and WASP are the only two I am aware of. And again, I am looking at the perspective of utilizing a true co witness to use my iron sights if my optic went down. and even though the Holosun is awesome, you can't truely co witness with it on the Hellcat.
I’m with you on the cowitness. As mentioned, not a huge problem, and for me the risk of a battery issue causing the need for using iron sights is better mitigated via the easier battery access.

I’m with you on the cowitness. As mentioned, not a huge problem, and for me the risk of a battery issue causing the need for using iron sights is better mitigated via the easier battery access.
I apologize for the misunderstanding. I was unaware you were OK with no co witness. My response for the co witness topic was intended for if you ever drop it and actually break the Holosun rendering the optic useless. Battery life never crossed my mind...lol

I apologize for the misunderstanding. I was unaware you were OK with no co witness. My response for the co witness topic was intended for if you ever drop it and actually break the Holosun rendering the optic useless. Battery life never crossed my mind...lol
The 507K has a rear sight notch, so will have to see how well that works. As mentioned the P365XL has no rear sight when you add any optic, not just the Holosun, so used to the challenge.

Last Sunday I took some intense red dot tactical training and one of the drills was to put tape on the optic and not only have no red dot visible, but not even have the target visible (simulating shattered glass) and see how well you can use the outline of the shroud to aim and hit the target.

That’s why I want to use the adapter instead of milling the slide. If the Holosun experience sucks, can always get a Shield RMSc or other sight that will fit lower.

Last question on this…anyone change out the Hellcat sights with suppressor height sights? Do suppressor height sights for Hellcat even exist?

Following. I'm interested in the C&H Precision adapter plate for my Hellcat OSP for the Holosun 407K.
Will it block the Hellcat's sights or allow co-witness?

I don't want to mill off the Hellcat's mounting posts.

Following. I'm interested in the C&H Precision adapter plate for my Hellcat OSP for the Holosun 407K.
Will it block the Hellcat's sights or allow co-witness?

I don't want to mill off the Hellcat's mounting posts.
We’re in the same place. I bought the adapter player and waiting for my optic to arrive from Brownells. Will let you know how mine turns out.

Back