testtest

Holosun HS507K using CHPWS adapter

I would like to get a wasp but I’ve Been hearing about issues with the wasp and I really like the battery swap on the holosun
I have had my Hellcat and WASP now for little over 3 months with no issue on the WASP, the battery should last 2 years and over 65,000 hours before you need battery changed.

I have had my Hellcat and WASP now for little over 3 months with no issue on the WASP, the battery should last 2 years and over 65,000 hours before you need battery changed.

I’ve heard mixed reviews on the Wasp. For me personally, the battery being in a separate external drawer that can be opened with a small screwdriver was something I wanted. I’ve had issues before with screw heads stripping and don’t want to have to remove the optic off the slide to change the battery (and re-zero), even under controlled conditions on the bench.

But it’s all what you’re happy with and have confidence in. Glad the Wasp works well for you. 👍

I’ve heard mixed reviews on the Wasp. For me personally, the battery being in a separate external drawer that can be opened with a small screwdriver was something I wanted. I’ve had issues before with screw heads stripping and don’t want to have to remove the optic off the slide to change the battery (and re-zero), even under controlled conditions on the bench.

But it’s all what you’re happy with and have confidence in. Glad the Wasp works well for you. 👍
That’s the only bummer with the WASP is you have to remove it to replace battery, I agree with you on that and also the stripping of screws, glad you found what you were looking for, me when battery dies, I’ll probably just go back the the fixed sights myself, first red dot for me, but I’m old school (60) here, not used to the electronic sights.

I went ahead and bought the CHPWS SAHC-HOLOk Adapter plate and the Holosun 407K for my Hellcat OSP.

When it comes in I'll post some pics and a review. Even though I believe the Hellcat it "The One" for me, after owning other pistols, I'm still not ready to mill down the posts.

6FB58858-8A29-4D10-B175-B1398E2F1442.jpeg
My weekend project - Hellcat OSP, C&H Precision Adapter plate V2, and the Holosun 407K X2.

I have blue Loctite, but I need a few Dremel cut off bits or shorter screws according to what I’ve read.

Weekend project 90% done - just have to test drive and zero it in, looks pretty close though. Seems like I lost about 50% of my iron sights, but the reason I got a red dot is because with 54 year old eyes and astigmatism, you either see the sights or the target, your choice, but not both. I'm hoping the red dot will improve things.

My awesome Hellcat OSP, CHPWS SAHC-HOLOk V2 Hellcat to Holosun adapter plate and a Holosun HS407K X2 Red Dot. I can't believe the build quality and clarity of the sight.

$250 total - $50 for the adapter plate shipped and $195 for the Holosun on Amazon. I didn't even need my tools. The C&H Screws were perfect, came with thread locker, and the Holosun comes with a multitool to dial in the zero on one end and a #10 torx on the other.

If I decide it's staying I might take off the adapter and mill the posts to get my co-witness back.

IMG_7704.JPG
IMG_7713.JPG
IMG_7708.JPG
IMG_7710.JPG

I’ll probably just go back the the fixed sights myself, first red dot for me, but I’m old school (60) here, not used to the electronic sights.

This is just my opinion and you may not agree, but for me the red dot sight was a game changer. I’m 56 years old and have the normal presbyopia that makes seeing the iron sights tough. The RDS is clear and easy to see, and you can keep the target in sight.

I will never again buy any handgun without at least the slide ready to accept an optic. I also have RDS on most of my rifles. It feels great to be able to clearly aim again.

So, am I understanding this correctly ...... the Holosun407K will fit the Hellcat OSP with no modifications to either the sight or the gun? Or does it require the mounting plate shown/used in this thread to not require some mods? In either case, if the mounting plate is not used, even if it does require some mods, does the 407 then provide for 100% co-witness?

I had asked most of this a few nights ago and got no answer that I saw, and subsequently forgot my asking. I'd still like to know about the mods and co-witnessing. For me the co-witness is the most important issue. I've tried it both ways and without doubt, at least for me, the 100% co-witness is the only way to go. The battery change feature on the Holosun is nice but it won't help me hit the target.

I just ordered a new Wasp a few nights ago so this is really all a moot issue, but I'd still like to know.

Thanks !!! 👍 👍 👍

So, am I understanding this correctly ...... the Holosun407K will fit the Hellcat OSP with no modifications to either the sight or the gun? Or does it require the mounting plate shown/used in this thread to not require some mods? In either case, if the mounting plate is not used, even if it does require some mods, does the 407 then provide for 100% co-witness?

I had asked most of this a few nights ago and got no answer that I saw, and subsequently forgot my asking. I'd still like to know about the mods and co-witnessing. For me the co-witness is the most important issue. I've tried it both ways and without doubt, at least for me, the 100% co-witness is the only way to go. The battery change feature on the Holosun is nice but it won't help me hit the target.

I just ordered a new Wasp a few nights ago so this is really all a moot issue, but I'd still like to know.

Thanks !!! 👍 👍 👍
You will need suppressor sites for a cowitness

You will need suppressor sites for a cowitness
Actually that’s not really the case.

While you’re correct that it’s not an absolute cowitness like I get with my P226 that has suppressor height sights, you get what is more analogous to a lower 1/3 cowitness.

I can see the U notch rear site with the front sight clearly in the center and the dot right on top of the front sight

And if the dot wasn’t visible due to a dead battery or other issue, I can absolutely aim with the iron sights.

So, am I understanding this correctly ...... the Holosun407K will fit the Hellcat OSP with no modifications to either the sight or the gun? Or does it require the mounting plate shown/used in this thread to not require some mods?
You can mount either the HS407K or HS507K in one or two ways.

1) Mill or file the recoil posts on the slide to allow proper fit. This a permanent solution and once done can’t be reversed.

2) Use a fillet plate like the CHPWS one which adapts the fit to allow the optic to mount with no change to the slide, but raises the optic a fraction of an inch.

You can mount either the HS407K or HS507K in one or two ways.

1) Mill or file the recoil posts on the slide to allow proper fit. This a permanent solution and once done can’t be reversed.

2) Use a fillet plate like the CHPWS one which adapts the fit to allow the optic to mount with no change to the slide, but raises the optic a fraction of an inch.
What Neil said…

I have a HS 507k on my hellcat, and you get about 40-50% co witness with the CHPWS plate. I just did not want to grind mine down.

I put a wasp on my hellcat though and its more like 80/90% co witness. The HS is now on my p365X slide. Given you remove the sights entirely its great (thankfully a notch on HS used for rear sites).

writing all this also makes me realize I have a CHWPS plate for HS and a RMRCC both for hellcat if anyone needs them. Sitting in my safe with other parts.

OK, thanks guys for the info. I do like the 100% co-witness I get with the SMSc on my Hellcat and was expecting the same thing with the Wasp I just ordered (expecting it in today). But I just read here where it's only 80%-90% ...... I hope that's not the case. I thought I had read in the Wasp advertisements that it's 100%.

We'll see and I'll let y'all know. (y)(y)(y)

Back