testtest

Holster for SA-35

Does anyone have any particular preference for an owb holster for the SA-35. I need a holster for everyday carry as well as one that is reinforced so it won't close up while holstering. Any thoughts?

I have always had good luck with Galco holsters.

Wright Leather Works. Just got a OWB holster from them for a Sig Sauer P229 Elite. Love it. You can also try Muddy River Tactical. Don't know if they make one for the SA-35 but Muddy River is good stuff. Got turned onto them for holsters on this form. Many holster makers out there and lots of very knowledgeable people here to offer opinions on gear. Just my two cents.

I like leather holsters and i use Tucker, Stoner, and Black Hills products for my Owb leather holsters.

I never have issues reholstering an OWB holster with a reinforced mouth. But if you like Black Hills has models with metal insets in the throat reinforcement.

And Tucker now has leather lined Kydex but I still prefer a true leather holster.

The S.A. Inc store has a nice DeSantis holster for the 35, it's the one I'm starting with.
Diamond Custom Leather of Alaska makes some very fine holsters for nearly everything.

You might pay a little more and have to wait a little bit longer, but buy a quality leather holster. That way you can order exactly what you want in cant, belt size, dye color, sweat guard, reinforced opening, etc. Off the shelf, foreign made holsters are ok to use while waiting for a custom holster. Many off the shelf holsters are made to fit multiple pistol manufacturers and use thinner leather. That could be unsafe and cause unnecessary wear on your pistol.

Here's my list of top leather makers in no particular order. Some periodically have holsters "in stock and ready to ship". Some offer an expedited service for a small extra charge:

Grizzle Holsters
Overland Holsters
Nightengale Holsters
TT Gun Leather
Bulman Holsters
Rafter-L Holsters
Alessi Holsters
Kramer Holsters
Sparks Holsters
Rosen Holsters
5 Shot Leather Holsters
Palmetto Holsters
Privateer Holsters
Garrity Holsters
Prince Gun Leather Holsters
AZ Gun Leather Holsters
Mountain Home Leather Holsters
Desert Gun Leather Holsters
Bullard Holsters
Kirkpatrick Holsters
HBE Holsters
Nelson Holsters
Just In Case Leather Holsters

If you want a very thin molded leather holster, check out Kusiak Holsters

Check ebay for "vintage holsters" and you might find a vintage BHP leather holster

Last edited:
When I posed this question I did not realize how close the SA35 fit was to the 1911. I have a variety of holsters for 1911 including many of the ones y'all recommended so I have been giving them a try with the 35. I like the Avenger style for the range because it draws and holsters so dang easy. I use a belt slide with sweat guard for everyday. Thank you all for all the tips. I'm taking a shine to the Tucker.

Minimalist defined
I've been going through my box of 1911 holsters and came across this one. This is truly minimalist. I think I bought this in 1979. My boss (aka patrol Lt.) said he didn't like me carrying a 1911 tucked in my waist band without a holster so this was the answer.

Back