testtest

Holster ideas

I prefer OWB leather for big guns. I have a few from Versacarry. 20201210_175133.jpg

Versacarry makes a good holster. Also, 1791 Gunleather makes REALLY nice leather holsters at a very nice price point.

Depending on how long you are willing to wait and how much you are willing to spend if you want totally customizable and top quality... Tucker Gunleather.

I own 1 of each of the above mentioned brands, and I have a Tucker on order for my X5 Legion.... current wait time to ship is 7 months lol.

Last edited:
Versacarry makes a good holster. Also, 1791 Gunleather makes REALLY nice leather holsters at a very nice price point.

Depending on how long you are willing to wait and how much you are willing to spend if you want totally customizable and top quality... Tucker Gunleather.

I own 1 of each of the above mentioned brands, and I have a Tucker on order for my X5 Legion.... current wait time to ship is 7 months lol.
That they are, I have 2.
20200528_132706.jpg

I need some finding a new holster. I just got the xds mod 2 in a 45acp. I plan on mounting a red dot to it. Is there anyone who knows of a hard shell open carry holster for it? I currently use an Alien Gear holster. TIA

Welcome to the forum Jeffh! Congrats on your new handgun!

Here's a holster offered for sale in the SA Store. If you bought new and registered the HG by email, you can get a discount on it and some other things that Springfield Armory may offer you like additional mags. Once registering by email, they should send you an email with details about the discount.

Holster:

SA Store:

I need some finding a new holster. I just got the xds mod 2 in a 45acp. I plan on mounting a red dot to it. Is there anyone who knows of a hard shell open carry holster for it? I currently use an Alien Gear holster. TIA

KT-Mech is a favorite of mine, for both OWB and IWB use. I've used both extensively in training classes through all kinds of abuse, and it's held up great - on-par with the legendary, but sadly now defunct Phantom model from the industry benchmark Raven Concealment Systems.

Below, you can see their Defender Light Bearing, for my 4.5-inch Xdm9, OWB, using their FlexMounts on a v.1 Volund Gearworks Micro Battle Belt.

In training classes, I've rolled my 250-lb. Chinese pork-belly body over it multiple times, both with the gun holstered and with it drawn, and it's yet to take any damage other than cosmetic.

1639532394549.png

1639532480141.png

I currently only see the original XD-S models on their website, so you'll want to email them to be sure that they do have the proper fitment for you. They've been very responsive to emails in the past, although I must confess that the last time I ordered from them was in 2017, so it's been a while!

Their holsters can be specified to have the sweat-guard relieved for a slide-mounted RDS, as well as different mounting options including popular options from G-Code and BladeTech. Various models also include ones with increasing levels of retention and/or light-bearing options.

Since they build to-order (I had one of my IWBs significantly modified according to my specs), there's a lot of cosmetic and functional options to select from, too.

If you're looking for something that can accommodate multiple guns (one at a time, of-course, LOL! ;) ) that utilize any of the current popular pistol-WMLs in a safe and secure manner, the PHLster Floodlight OWB is currently the industry standard-bearer. I have an IWB model that's worked wonderfully with my XDms and Glocks - it is designed to capture the light body, so as long as you order the right one for the right light, you'll have a holster that's near universal, without the sloppy fit that many "universal" holsters end up giving. In addition to the typical Surefire X300U and Streamlight TRL-1, the Floodlight also has a model which supports the current lumens/candela king, the ModLight PL300. This holster was designed to be slide-mounted RDS compatible from-the-git.

The only thing that the Floodlight lacks is active retention capabilities.

For leather, Mitch Rosen can't be beat. For Kydex, I like Vedder. You specified "open carry," though. I don't think they have secure options, which you absolutely should have for open carry in public.

Attachments

• IMG_0035.JPG
    IMG_0035.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0037.JPG
    IMG_0037.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 114
Back