testtest

Holster recommendation for XD9 Subcompact Mod 2

Warfaremil

Operator
I recently purchased an XD9 Subcompact Mod 2 and want to get a good quality holster for the piece. I currently have a Pro Tech holster for the pistol but the fiber optic front sight gets “hung up” in the holster. This results in a very dangerous situation if I have to ever draw the pistol.

I am compleatly open with regard to material. I would prefer an OWB, to be worn on my right side.

Thanks to all who respond.

Dave St John

I recently purchased an XD9 Subcompact Mod 2 and want to get a good quality holster for the piece. I currently have a Pro Tech holster for the pistol but the fiber optic front sight gets “hung up” in the holster. This results in a very dangerous situation if I have to ever draw the pistol.

I am compleatly open with regard to material. I would prefer an OWB, to be worn on my right side.

Thanks to all who respond.

Dave St John
I’d try Black Rhino, Vedder, or JMCustom kydex. All 3 make excellent holsters and are all a little different.

I also carry an XD 40 Mod2 with extended magazine only and use a Galco for OWB right side, the holster holds the gun close to my body for great concealment and offers a great pure clean draw.
6E27C78C-E3F7-4DBF-A27A-13861BCD36C5.jpeg
CE8E0680-2513-45D3-9BF9-732BED003885.jpeg
5D1B530C-C39F-44C3-A1CE-D4B7F916067B.jpeg

Edit, this holster is over 10 years old and still has great retention and has held up extremely well.

Last edited:
Thanks, everyone!! I knew I could count on the Forum members to assist.

I've been looking at each of the holster manufacturers and KT Mech is the best holster for my needs. I recently got my PA CCW permit and wanted to get a holster that will stand up to use. The cheapy holster I bought several months ago will cause more problems in a bad situation.

Thanks again to all who responded.

Dave St John

^ Welcome to this part of the shooting hobby/sport. :)

Overall, PHLster's videos are a treasure trove of knowledge for the concealed carrier. I linked out to them in my posts in the following thread:

^ And it's not just applicable to the portly gentlemen, either.

1645210659986.png

Received a beautiful Kydex holster this afternoon from KT Mech. The holster far exceeded my expectations and holds my pistol beautifully.

Thanks again for all the input!!

Dave St John

Back