testtest

Holster Recommendation: XD-45 Compact

Duke127

Alpha
I have had a heck of a time finding a high quality OWB holster for my XD-45 Compact . Preferably a level 2 ( don't want a Blackhawk SERPA or SERPA Clone) ... but a good level 1 that's shape fit \ good retention would be fine.

I've came across a few models for XD-45 4" full size .. Not sure if they'd work or not ? Manufactures claim they wont ... But it "appears" the only difference in the 2 models is the grip length ( I'm reluctant to contradict the Manufactures recommendations).

I live in the Republic of California so "over the counter" Q&A is pretty much nonexistent (shops are becoming few and far between)

Thanks for any thoughts or recommendations !

No experience with level 2 but as for a company that will holster just about any setup Black Rhino Concealment is great. Their holsters are solid and lock up tight. If they don’t list exactly what you need just send them an email. Guaranteed they can make it.

I was in the same boat with my XDM Compact. I ended up with two different Crossbreed holsters for the full size XDM that work perfectly with my XDM Compact 3.8". I really like the Supertuck, bought it for the XDM 3.8, and my compact just having a shortened grip frame worked just fine.

I cant really make a recommendation for OWB, (But I would say check out Safariland) however if it's any help, I have had an XD-45 compact and used it in the same holsters made for the full size counter parts. I believe you are correct that the only difference in size in the first gen XD-45 and XD-45 compact, is the grip length. I got rid of mine a few months ago and regret doing so everyday.

Thanks for input .. they "look" to be identical ... but like I said ... In Cali .. you cant exactly walk into your local gun shop & just compare the 2 (there is exactly 1 shop in my city .. inventory is hit & miss & they really don't stock accessories) :) !

Thanks !

Back