testtest

Holster recommendations for AIWB

I'd also recommend the Vedder LightTuck.
They are on my short list. Along with Tier 1, Muddy River and a few others.

I'm focusing on holsters that are adjustable for ride height and cant and either have a claw or are designed to do the thing that claws do. Ditto for wedges.

I haven't carried AIWB before, but with this gun I think it is a great candidate. Of course before actually carrying a loaded gun around in it I will spend an appropriate amount of time training with a dry gun. There is some hesitation carrying a gun with a light trigger, very little take up and no safety pointed towards my femoral artery. I would feel more comfortable with a P30SK, but to get one of those with a slide mounted optic and a decent trigger you can expect to about double the price of the already not inexpensive VP9SK/SCS.

Bradec holsters. Inexpensive. No crazy lead time. Good retention. Claw optional. Got my holster 5 days after I placed order. I did add discreet Carry concepts metal clip. All said and done was under $50. Like it way better than some of the higher end holster than I'd spent a ton of $ on. I recommend everyone check them out.

Attachments

• 20231126_114821.jpg
    20231126_114821.jpg
    819.7 KB · Views: 54
I would recommend getting something that has belt clips, not loops.

When I carry AIWB (DAO hammerless J-frames only), I put the gun in the holster, then put the holster inside my pants. Not impossible to do with loops, but definitely a bit more difficult.
I noticed some companies, Tenicor specifically, recommending the loops. In my whopping one day of research I have determined that I would prefer the ones that come with dual metal clips or a single unit that has dual clips on it ( as shown in the picture above in post #11). I also plan to remove the holster from my pants before holstering the weapon. Though I can see me training for doing it the way Massad and others suggest, by leaning back with your hips forward and looking the gun into the holster.

Bradec holsters. Inexpensive. No crazy lead time. Good retention. Claw optional. Got my holster 5 days after I placed order. I did add discreet Carry concepts metal clip. All said and done was under $50. Like it way better than some of the higher end holster than I'd spent a ton of $ on. I recommend everyone check them out.
I see it's adjustable for cant, but it doesn't appear adjustable for ride height unless I am mistaken. Though it looks like the gun is adequately up above the belt line.

I know you are in Crossbreed’s home turf so you may have looked at their site already. I have one of their Reckoning holsters which works nicely for appendix carry. Two clips. I don’t like one clip because they tend to rotate.

I know you are in Crossbreed’s home turf so you may have looked at their site already. I have one of their Reckoning holsters which works nicely for appendix carry. Two clips. I don’t like one clip because they tend to rotate.
I'm also a Crossbreed fan and own a couple of their Mini Tucks. I'm not looking for a sidecar rig, but the regular Reckoning and the Rogue I looked at earlier.

Back