testtest

Holster t-shirt for CCW?

Brawny

Operator
So, this ad showed up on my FB feed. Looks like a great concept, except....I'm not sure how well this wears/holds up over time vs. a traditional shoulder holster. In addition, I've never heard of this company, and the website has no physical address, just an email address. So that alone sends up red flags. Has anybody heard of this company or tried the product?

I received the 5.11 version of this shirt as a gift several years ago. I don't wear it very often, but it has held up for over 5 years so far. It's comfortable and breathable, so I would give the 5.11 version a good rating. The only problem with trying to use these shirts for EDC is that you probably need 3-5 of them depending on how often you do your laundry.

I have 4 or 5 of these. Not that brand. They work just fine under a button up shirt with the top 3 buttons undone. Looks like a t-shirt and allowed me to carry in a place I worked where I was absolutely subject to termination if I got caught. Fairly easy to draw from. Get them tight. Think Spanx. Otherwise the gun will be hanging off you under your arm and will bother you, trust me. Also, they are hot. Especially when you consider that you need to wear a wife beater or t-shirt under them unless you want your pit sweat all over your pistol. When I got a Crossbreed mini tuck and realized I could conceal just as invisibly IWB I quit wearing them.

I'm up for trying something new, but I think I'll just stick with what works...my crucial concealment IWB. Thanks for the feedback.

For a situation when it is absolutely critical that you do not print, they are above reproach. When it comes to deep concealment situations there is always a trade off. Usually the gun is slower to the draw the more hidden it is. I have to say though that carrying a .45 Shield in one of these, in the manner I prescribed, with the top few buttons of a button up shirt undone, drawing was only marginally slower than IWB. The trade off for me was just comfort. Especially in the summer. They are hot and you will either be stripping and lubing your gun nightly or wearing a t-shirt under them. And when I began wearing a 3A vest to work it sealed these shirt's fate for me.

By the time you try to get the gun out, the para medics will be removing it off you if you need the gun in a hurry.

i wondered why you said banana.........then i clicked onto the site...........

better be a very green banana at that, otherwise, with the body heat, you'd have one very mushy banana pudding.
3680E4D9-148F-4A4C-B7BD-20ED3A301BDE.gif

I purchased a 5:11 ccw t-shirt...
Here’s my advice,
order your garment at least one or two sizes larger than you are accustomed to wearing for they run quite quite “small”,,,, the fabric is very stretchy and can be warm in summer wx
As for quick access, it’s not a great holster for easy and fast access to your firearm.

I purchased a 5:11 ccw t-shirt...
Here’s my advice,
order your garment at least one or two sizes larger than you are accustomed to wearing for they run quite quite “small”,,,, the fabric is very stretchy and can be warm in summer wx
As for quick access, it’s not a great holster for easy and fast access to your firearm.
I heard that and ordered my first one a size bigger. I had to give it away because it was too big. It fit ok but not being tight the gun did not stay next to my body.

As for easy and fast access it’s not great but it’s actually not that bad. The right shirt over it and a little practice.

I have one like it and purchased a CCW shirt to go over it from Bass Pro Shops. The shirt has 3 snaps under buttons allowing you to get to the gun quickly without ripping the buttons off of the shirt. I found the rig not very comfortable and when you add up the cost for the undershirt and shirt, it was an expensive proposition. I settled on an IWB holster for my daily carry plus a one size larger normal shirt. If you need to go deep cover in a suit and tie or a form fitting shirt, it works well but give yourself and additional second or two to draw.

I have one like it and purchased a CCW shirt to go over it from Bass Pro Shops. The shirt has 3 snaps under buttons allowing you to get to the gun quickly without ripping the buttons off of the shirt. I found the rig not very comfortable and when you add up the cost for the undershirt and shirt, it was an expensive proposition. I settled on an IWB holster for my daily carry plus a one size larger normal shirt. If you need to go deep cover in a suit and tie or a form fitting shirt, it works well but give yourself and additional second or two to draw.
I will only wear one of these again in the event I am going somewhere armed where being armed can cause me serious trouble. With an oversized shirt and a Shield .45 in a CB Mini Tuck I can go just about anywhere without anyone knowing I’m armed.

I heard that and ordered my first one a size bigger. I had to give it away because it was too big. It fit ok but not being tight the gun did not stay next to my body.

As for easy and fast access it’s not great but it’s actually not that bad. The right shirt over it and a little practice.
You must be one skinny dude Bassbob!!
I ordered the xxl and it is a bit tight to say the least ,, and I’m a svelte 230 at six feet tall

Back