testtest

Holsters

Looking at getting holsters for two of my Springfield's

In February I bought my first 1911, went with the Emissary 5 inch and am in the market for a holster for it. Was curious if anyone had suggestions on brands, As the length and size of the gun, not really looking for an IWB holster for it but a good OWB holster.

Shortly after buying the 1911, I purchased the Hellcat Pro and am looking for an IWB holster for it. Was looking at the crossbreed reckoning as it seems to have great reviews and like the idea of having the option to switch to OWB if I wanted to.

Sorry for the first post I make being kind of vague. Just now starting to get into the handgun world as it's been rifles and shotguns most of my life. Other than the Ruger Single Six and the Ruger SR-22, only ever owned a Kimber Micro 9 before these two purchases as far as handguns go. Ended up selling the Micro 9 (had an alien gear shapeshift 4.0 for it) liked the sights and the way the Hellcat Pro fit me better than the way the micro 9 did.

Thanks in Advance!
-Ted

Looking at getting holsters for two of my Springfield's

In February I bought my first 1911, went with the Emissary 5 inch and am in the market for a holster for it. Was curious if anyone had suggestions on brands, As the length and size of the gun, not really looking for an IWB holster for it but a good OWB holster.

Shortly after buying the 1911, I purchased the Hellcat Pro and am looking for an IWB holster for it. Was looking at the crossbreed reckoning as it seems to have great reviews and like the idea of having the option to switch to OWB if I wanted to.

Sorry for the first post I make being kind of vague. Just now starting to get into the handgun world as it's been rifles and shotguns most of my life. Other than the Ruger Single Six and the Ruger SR-22, only ever owned a Kimber Micro 9 before these two purchases as far as handguns go. Ended up selling the Micro 9 (had an alien gear shapeshift 4.0 for it) liked the sights and the way the Hellcat Pro fit me better than the way the micro 9 did.

Thanks in Advance!
-Ted
I also just got a 5 inch Emissary and I’m not sure it’s ok for a every day carry gun being so heavy but that’s on you.
I would look at Galco as they make great holsters.

1791 Gun Leather makes really nice OWB Holsters.
Versacarry does as well. I've got a few of each.

For the Emissary i'd maybe recommend a custom one, maybe something from Tucker Gunleather however they are on a roughly 7 month lead time to make and ship out but they are entirely customizable.

Ordered a Deep Carry 1 for my X5 Legion back in November. At this point im wondering which will come in first, Holster or suppressor?? Bought them at the same time.

1791 Gun Leather makes really nice OWB Holsters.
Versacarry does as well. I've got a few of each.

For the Emissary i'd maybe recommend a custom one, maybe something from Tucker Gunleather however they are on a roughly 7 month lead time to make and ship out but they are entirely customizable.

Ordered a Deep Carry 1 for my X5 Legion back in November. At this point im wondering which will come in first, Holster or suppressor?? Bought them at the same time.
1791 makes great holsters also I forgot about them. I have two custom holsters made by Tucker GL in fact I met the owner when I lived in Texas, they make beautiful leather holsters but unfortunately both of mine refuse to break in enough to use and achieve a clean smooth draw.

I haven’t seen them recommended but I have two holsters from don hume an IWB and OWB. I really like them and both are very comfortable. I do have a 1791 for my operator, I like the style but my thumb break on it is very loose. Also notice a slight scratch on my slide from the button, something that hasn’t happened with don Hume. Unfortunately don hume doesn’t seem to make a 3 slot pancake holster so I think I’m saving up for a cop 3 galco. They don’t list the operator but do list a railed 5 inch Kimber 1911 so I emailed them to see if it would fit. Haven’t heard back yet. I would buy another don hume in a heart beat, likely will get another IWB that fits the operator. Not that I plan on carrying it much over the RO compact but I like to mix it up now and again.

Right now I have three go to for Holsters, Black Hills leather, Tucker, and the latest Stoner holsters.

My second Stoner , a dual carry strong side and cross draw should be arriving any day, ohhhh I am so excited...

If it's as good as the first which I don't doubt it will be, they are rapidly climbing my go to list.

I have several Tucker Gunleather holsters and in my opinion they make the finest leather holsters available. For break in put the gun in a ziplock bag and shove the gun in, the thickness of the plastic bag is just enough to stretch the leather a bit for a smooth draw. Then go the the range and draw about 500 times.

For Kydex I am a fan of Blackpoint Tactical leather wing holsters

I have several Tucker Gunleather holsters and in my opinion they make the finest leather holsters available. For break in put the gun in a ziplock bag and shove the gun in, the thickness of the plastic bag is just enough to stretch the leather a bit for a smooth draw. Then go the the range and draw about 500 times.

For Kydex I am a fan of Blackpoint Tactical leather wing holsters
Trust me I’ve tried multiple times to stretch both these holsters enough to use them and although I’ve gotten them to the point that both holsters when off my hip allow a clean smooth draw as soon as they are attached to a belt and worn on my body they bend enough to prevent the gun from smoothly being drawn without literally jerking the gun out, “to hard for my comfort”

Let me be clear in NO WAY am I saying Tucker GL makes a bad holster as you can see the two I have are beautiful and very well made.
67DB4F09-6F99-4B95-9032-CEA2F4890AEA.jpeg

I’m now thinking of contacting Rob to see if he can help me out.
The one on the left is for a 1911 the black one for my XD Sub Compact Mod2 40
With these two being custom made there is close to $600 dollars in leather right there.

Last edited:
Trust me I’ve tried multiple times to stretch both these holsters enough to use them and although I’ve gotten them to the point that both holsters when off my hip allow a clean smooth draw as soon as they are attached to a belt and worn on my body they bend enough to prevent the gun from smoothly being drawn without literally jerking the gun out, “to hard for my comfort”

Let me be clear in NO WAY am I saying Tucker GL makes a bad holster as you can see the two I have are beautiful and very well made.
View attachment 26405
I’m now thinking of contacting Rob to see if he can help me out.
The one on the left is for a 1911 the black one for my XD Sub Compact Mod2 40
With these two being custom made there is close to $600 dollars in leather right there.
I have also found that pure silicone spray applied to the inside of the holsters goes a long way to slick up the draw. Pure silicone, without chemical additives

I have also found that pure silicone spray applied to the inside of the holsters goes a long way to slick up the draw. Pure silicone, without chemical additives
I’ll talk with Rob before I try that but thanks for the tip, I will say I had both these holsters made with smooth leather also on the inside to protect the guns finish and can’t help but wonder if that made them stiffer. I was close to taking a Dremel to them and grind away some leather but decided against it and threw them in my holster box.
The bottom line is I’d love to be able to use them. I had a naval medallion added to the black one in honor of my dad.

Back