testtest

HOME DEFENSE GEAR FOR THE BUMP IN THE NIGHT

A "so-called" bump in the night can range from a burgler(s) break-in to something more involved on the homestead in the night.

The articles load-out didn't involve a plate carrier/vest. IMO gear prep should be modular. The described gear is the range of a minimal Tier 1 IMO.

My .02

To much to grab in only seconds . A gun and flashlight is all I need anything else I can get later if needed and as a phone the girlfriend is calling 911 while I go see why the dogs are going nuts.

"...us who are serious about firearms training have a ton of gear that we take to the range: modular belts, chest rigs, blow-out kits, and so on."

🤔 I guess I can be considered non-serious. I go to the range when I can, but I don't have modular belts, vests/chest rigs, etc. My firearms, range bag, and a med kit, that's it for gear. For the bump-in-the-night scenario, it's my pistol and a bright flashlight. Hopefully, between motion sensitive exterior lights, my phone chiming when the cams detect motion, and two dogs barking, it won't escalate.

"...us who are serious about firearms training have a ton of gear that we take to the range: modular belts, chest rigs, blow-out kits, and so on."

🤔 I guess I can be considered non-serious. I go to the range when I can, but I don't have modular belts, vests/chest rigs, etc. My firearms, range bag, and a med kit, that's it for gear. For the bump-in-the-night scenario, it's my pistol and a bright flashlight. Hopefully, between motion sensitive exterior lights, my phone chiming when the cams detect motion, and two dogs barking, it won't escalate.
Always be prepared is the best. You seem to have it covered quite well.

Back