testtest

Home Defense Kit: Gear You Need

@Shattowalker

First Off, Thank You for your service to our nation🇺🇲!!! Thank You for your service as a LEO🇺🇲!!!

As an offical member of the "Old Guys Club" I can relate!!! I'm also retired military and Retired LEO and have slowed down some now as I've gotten older.

I'm very impressed with your defense plan, well thought out solution to having a plan for the home!!! Safe Room is great. I would also recommend having a phone or cellphone in your safe room so you can call 📞 in the cavalry!!!

I keep my old cellphone in my "Safe Room" as a back up, along with a back up solar charger if the cellphone battery runs low while hunkered down. I have a small fridge stocked with water, and some food just incase my wife or I need a snack while hunkered down.

One plan I'm working on is having cameras throughout the house and yard with a additional monitor in the safe room. That way I can see every room and have the locations of any badguy, who dares to enter my residence at 2 am, provided they get past my German Shepard, who is also part of my alert system 🤔

Great plan, Stay Safe and Watch your Six Brother!!!
It very crowded where we are forced to live at present and I still have high hopes of returning to my home state but thats another story. Its a positive after the first bang someone will call 911 and my wife has her phone all the time with power bank but me thats giving up 2 mags, I always have a flashlight but my up close is much better in the dark as old eyes do not react as fast when when to much light comes into play. Back in my 60 and 70yrs of age my eyes had good reflex action but now darkness and choke points fit me better and theres a few other things that will greet unwanted company. Our dog who passed in 2017 after being part of our family for 14yrs and she was Sharpe/ Boxer/Shepard mix prior to her was my 105lb Rotty for almost 10yrs. One thing some younger folks forget is that guys like me cheat in these rust covered years. Stay below the ridge line and walk with ease.

Coach gun between the bed and the nightstand loaded with 00 buck on my side, M1 carbine on the Mrs. We live in the woods so the only worry about over penetration I have is how I'm going to patch the holes in the walls.

Wife and I do not have any children unless you count my 2 spoiled German shepherds so basically there's a weapon loaded and ready to go in every room of my home. There's also a bug-out bag on every floor loaded with essentials as far as extra ammo and medical items. Two tips from my so far 31 year career in Law Enforcement that I will pass on here. Number 1 Whoever it may be you or your wife or significant other if they are armed and confront the threat when Law Enforcement is notified have the caller describe what you are wearing so as not to have responding Officers mistake you for the BAD GUY since on a Hot call like this the Officers will be amped up. Number 2 I advise anyone first and foremost after making sure everyone is alright and the scene is secure do not make any statements to Law Enforcement unless you have your Attorney present. Even though I'm a cop in the heat of the moment people do say things so after making sure loved ones and yourself are ok then call your Attorney. Just my two cents.

Wife and I do not have any children unless you count my 2 spoiled German shepherds so basically there's a weapon loaded and ready to go in every room of my home. There's also a bug-out bag on every floor loaded with essentials as far as extra ammo and medical items. Two tips from my so far 31 year career in Law Enforcement that I will pass on here. Number 1 Whoever it may be you or your wife or significant other if they are armed and confront the threat when Law Enforcement is notified have the caller describe what you are wearing so as not to have responding Officers mistake you for the BAD GUY since on a Hot call like this the Officers will be amped up. Number 2 I advise anyone first and foremost after making sure everyone is alright and the scene is secure do not make any statements to Law Enforcement unless you have your Attorney present. Even though I'm a cop in the heat of the moment people do say things so after making sure loved ones and yourself are ok then call your Attorney. Just my two cents.
@wolfpack076

I couldn't agree more with your comments concerning talking with LEO'S after stopping a badguy!!! Excellent Home Defense Plan Brother!!!

Sorry to hear about your Fur buddies passing, Lost my "Kipper" a Kelpie that I rescued, or Kipper rescued me. Had him for 12 yrs, "Kipper" was almost 19 yrs old when he passed from cancer, in January this year. Just two weeks short of a year to the day that I lost my "Remington," Remington or Remy for short, was a 14 yr old Goldendoodle, I lost him to cancer after a two yr battle.. Kipper and Remington were best buddies!!! So I can relate, I miss my boys!!!

In today's anti-gun grabber environment, it extremely important that you have your Six covered (Your butt covered) at all times!!!

I recommend that those folks who haven't thought about what happens after you put the badguy down, to take a look at USCCA membership and Insurance coverage in the event of using a firearm to put the badguy down!!! Just remember that every round fired has a lawyer attached to it!!! USCCA also has Firearms training. There are other companies that also offer Insurance out there. But I found USCCA to be a better outfit. They've got your backside covered!!!

Back