testtest

Homeland Insecurity: Department failed to send crime data to FBI database used to vet gun buyers

shanneba

Custom
The report highlighted the department's inconsistent efforts to report criminal cases to the FBI's NICS as legally required, including 16 Coast Guard personnel who were discharged for bad behavior that would disqualify them from buying a gun, to immigration services failing in some occasions to flag illegal aliens in the country. Illegal migrants are barred from buying guns under federal law.

"DHS components took more than 3 days to respond or were unresponsive to 126 (59 percent) of 214 NICS inquiries," the report added.

It seems to me that if Homeland Security did it's job and actually prevented a mass shooting or a dozen then the libs in Congress wouldn't be able to make a case for more gun law because they need more shootings in order to require more laws to restrict gun ownership. Tell me I'm wrong.

It seems to me that if Homeland Security did it's job and actually prevented a mass shooting or a dozen then the libs in Congress wouldn't be able to make a case for more gun law because they need more shootings in order to require more laws to restrict gun ownership. Tell me I'm wrong.
You're not.

A certain partys' motto is...Never let a crisis go to waste.

Inner city same-racial group violence is ignored whereas a shooting involving undesirable folks invoke a cry for more laws.

The report highlighted the department's inconsistent efforts to report criminal cases to the FBI's NICS as legally required, including 16 Coast Guard personnel who were discharged for bad behavior that would disqualify them from buying a gun, to immigration services failing in some occasions to flag illegal aliens in the country. Illegal migrants are barred from buying guns under federal law.

"DHS components took more than 3 days to respond or were unresponsive to 126 (59 percent) of 214 NICS inquiries," the report added.

“…to immigration services failing in some occasions to flag illegal aliens in the country. Illegal migrants are barred from buying guns under federal law.”

Yes - the same DHS that continues to ignore illegal CROSSINGS at the border, also prohibited under Federal Law, not limited to human smuggling but the contraband and narcotics as well. So no big surprise as resources are being purposely redirected. Some management practice, as usual create a problem and create a new agency come to mind.

I’m old enough to remember when we were promised full inter-governmental agency intel sharing, linking all agencies to access information under Homeland Security, this btw included radio band frequencies (FCC) which still to this day, many particular cities, has not been fully implemented. Yet 21 years later the dimwit Administration continues to blunder every commonsense security measure. Was the amount of data such overload or just a measure to create future chaos? There’s a calculated reason, this wasn’t all just error and neglect.

DHS was and is just another example of government bloat, certainly wasn't needed if all agencies did their jobs. How many times have we heard in the past two year how the Administration failed-failed-failed the American people on so many levels. Mayorkis needs be be second in line for impeachment.

Also, don’t forget when 44, who once stated he’d love to be able to pull the strings from his basement dictating policy to a figure head with an earpiece. So coincidental that some of these “errors” bear some similarities to past botched operations.

Many decades ago, ICE (reimagined from INS) had the ability to enter local jails and interview every gun case involving suspects of foreign origin, and subsequently processed for deportation. This was well before the start of Sanctuary Cities which elected eventually “banned”.

Sending crime data to FBI is a voluntary procedure. In the past Chicago never did comply under the Uniform Crime Reporting system. It’s all about optics - not safety and security.

Like everything else it promotes, this Administration has been exposed as fraudsteers

For certain there‘s only one common priority; to hammer and harass the law abiding, 2A American citizen.

Sadly you are correct.

Back