testtest

Hornady’s new 6mm ARC

I like my 224 Valkrie better. Sorry guys, its all about finding the ammo. If the ammo is available at Wal-Mart its all good. That the First thing I look for when it come to new ammo. Like now try to find that ammo now.

Over the years I've seen multiple articles about how the 6mm cartridge historically was a barrel eater. I'll wait this out.

I like my 224 Valkrie better. Sorry guys, its all about finding the ammo. If the ammo is available at Wal-Mart its all good. That the First thing I look for when it come to new ammo. Like now try to find that ammo now.

I’ve never seen 224 Valkyrie at Walmart

What is the definition of a barrel eater ?
High erosion near chamber, loss of accuracy. I understand that 6-6.5mm is an area manufacturers are playing in. I'm more curious as to which cartridge/cartridges stick around and don't end up like wssm cartridges. Just don't run across them everyday.

I'm with you @BangBang I was just as dumbstruck when I seen both .224 Valkyrie and Federal gold medal 185gr. Berger bullet .308 I just had to have a thrice of those .308's :ROFLMAO:

I shoot 6.5 Grendel and I love that round in an AR15. (Also a Ruger American Predator). The Grendel is established. I look for the 6mm ARC to also get a foothold as an established caliber but I don't need another caliber to sink money into. I'll stay with the 6.5G for a gas gun.

I shoot 6.5 Grendel and I love that round in an AR15. (Also a Ruger American Predator). The Grendel is established. I look for the 6mm ARC to also get a foothold as an established caliber but I don't need another caliber to sink money into. I'll stay with the 6.5G for a gas gun.
Great logic since you’re already there!!

I’ve compared ballistics but thought I’d share a box comparison.

Attachments

• 6863C64B-1C17-4348-A8D8-44760A6F3D3D.jpeg
    6863C64B-1C17-4348-A8D8-44760A6F3D3D.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 180
  • A017F304-91A9-49CF-AEE6-DE94539EF78B.jpeg
    A017F304-91A9-49CF-AEE6-DE94539EF78B.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 185
That's the definitive edge the 6.5 has over even the most advanced 30 cal bullet. The ability to slice the wind and retain much more velocity and the associated energy between 400 and 500 yards. Only time will tell if it captures and audience of AR owners willing to top their lowers with it.
Again, I would if I didn't have so much invested in Grendel uppers, ammo and reloading equipment. I like what I have seen so far. Not certain I like what could happen at the federal level to my AR platform if things go south this November. I'll hold onto my green! (Envious of you, Ajones)! 🤨 🙂

That's the definitive edge the 6.5 has over even the most advanced 30 cal bullet. The ability to slice the wind and retain much more velocity and the associated energy between 400 and 500 yards. Only time will tell if it captures and audience of AR owners willing to top their lowers with it.
Again, I would if I didn't have so much invested in Grendel uppers, ammo and reloading equipment. I like what I have seen so far. Not certain I like what could happen at the federal level to my AR platform if things go south this November. I'll hold onto my green! (Envious of you, Ajones)! 🤨 🙂

Yes! November is around the corner... I have faith that our 2A community will show up.
All you need @BooVuc is a barrel to swap on one of your Grendel uppers and you can run the ARC. it used your Grendel BCG and mags 😎
Then you just need a 6 mm die set for your reloader.
maybe in celebration of DT’s re-election you can splurge on a barrel 😉

You know I never realized it used grendel mags. I could splurge on a quality barrel and try it. Thanks for the info.

You know I never realized it used grendel mags. I could splurge on a quality barrel and try it. Thanks for the info.

these are out of stock currently - I got the 18” and really like the length.
Glad to be of assistance !!
and the cartridge actually will fit in my regular 223 and blackout mags but I just wouldn’t cram them in — would probably make the mag sweet the more that goes in. I haven’t tried to cycle any yet- but next time I take it out I will definitely try to see it it will cycle with just a couple round in there.
I bought a couple 24 round mags and a 4 round for deer season. And the 17 round mag I bought didn’t fit very well so my gunsmith and I just polished the paint off the metal magazine and now it works like a charm.

Back