testtest

How could an "arguably" experienced gun handler do this?????

jumpinjoe

Hellcat
A story about a 'LGS owner', get that ..... the "gun shop owner" who wanted to prank his friend. So he hides a BB gun in the case with the real guns. Pulls one out to scare his friend, but grabs a real one instead of the BB gun and kills the friend.

1 - What kind of idiot would even consider a prank like this?
2- Why was there a loaded real gun in the case to begin with?
3- I'm just having a hard time grasping the logic here ..... if any.

Go here to read about it:

It's really a kind of carelessness a firearm owner cannot allow themselves. Not to say anyone is stupid, it's just that one stupid unthinking act which ends up being irrevocable and life changing.

It's sad all around and cannot be allowed even if it was a mistake, a man died and his family is destroyed by carelessness.

Last edited:
This sounds intentional to me considering who in there right mind would even point a bb gun at someone especially in their face at point blank range and on top of that he pulled the trigger.

I was reading a few different articles on what happened here and for some reason this store doesn't even have camera footage of the incident.

Sounds really suspicious to me.

i hope he loses his gun store, FFL for life.

maybe the ATF ought to get there and investigate any wrong doings with the guns going into and out of that store, paperwork, etc,etc..

This is beyond stupid… it’s almost surreal.
A few points:

1) until more comes out, we just don’t know enough to understand this. There has just GOT to be more to it.

2) if they hadn’t said it was inside a gun store, I’d have been curious to know what kind of likker he was drinking at the time. ) I may return to that after all, when we know more).

3) the “arguably expert” thing comes from the warrant, apparently. Store owner does not automatically equal expert at anything, not even store ownership.

4) SC stands for South Carolina. Perhaps will clarify some of the above.

Prayers for that family - whatever happened, shooting someone is a clock that cannot be turned back.

Until more details come out (I am with several other of our brothers above in thinking that there's gotta be more to this story), from my experience as an airsoft replica collector and skirmish gamer (c.late 90s-early oughts), I will offer the conjecture that a supposed "firearms expert" typically would -NOT- have made the mistake that the shooter claimed he made.

Even though materials and overall finish may be very, very similar -to the point that a visual inspection from even tabletop distance in good lighting will NOT be conclusive, for even those who would claim to be enthusiasts of the specific make/model of the firearms in-question- the overall subjective feel and objective "heft" will often be slightly or very apparently "off"/incorrect.

Going back to my collecting/skirmish-gaming days, I was somewhat well-known in the community, and had several very high-grade pieces in my collection - and I was asked by one of my friends to lay out two of my replica Beretta 92-series replicas on a table, mixed with its "real steel" (which is what we in the airsoft community call "real" firearms) -cleared and safe- counterpart. Our mutual friend, who had several Beretta 92-series firearms in his collection, was then invited to examine, without the ability to pick up and handle, the guns from every perspective (the muzzle and base-pads were taped-off and obscured, to prevent him from being able to spot the usual tells of the true "inner" 6mm bore BB-barrel and the gas charging port, respectively). In addition to the actual firearm, he mis-identified one of the replicas was real.

Modern replicas now go so far as to try to emulate the polymer bodies of polymer-frame firearms with plastics that are of similar texture/feel and density. Metal (typically "pot-metal," but various high-end production pieces use 6061 or 7075 aluminum, with from-billet one-off makes actually not unheard of in the custom-build sector [i.e. replicas by Clarence Lai, aka Airsoft Surgeon, who was a very popular BB-IPSC competitor and sought-after custom builder based out of Hong Kong]) slides are now not at all uncommon, and together with aftermarket tricks designed specifically to help these replicas handle in a manner similar to their real-steel counterparts (heavyweight steel barrels, tungsten guide-rods, etc.), they can come close.

Even so, to think that any responsible firearm owner would risk having real firearms and their replicas in the same general area (think about the type of safety checks that's seen at modern Force-on-Force classes), that's unthinkable, as all of us -to-a-man- reaffirmed throughout this thread. Similarly, for any airsoft collector or skirmish gamer, to think that we would even point a (BB) loaded replica at someone's head -especially without eye-protection- as a joke? Again, unthinkable.

Back