testtest

How Do I Carry Spare Ammo for My Hellcat? Specialized Mag Pouches

Thanks for article and info Mike,
Is nice idea, looks well thought out and made, but are other available options out there for what it is and the price.

The one thing that I notice immediately is that you will always have a clip showing on your pocket. I don't even like to carry a pocket knife that way because the clip can be seen. Also, the magazine doesn't seem very snug in the sleeve - it could slip out. (Probably won't, since it is in your pocket, but it could.) Finally, only the bottom of the magazine is covered - I wonder why they didn't make the sleeve taller? It would have covered the entire magazine - the magazine would have better protection from lint getting in.

The best thing about this magazine holder is that you can quickly access your magazine; you don't have to remove the cover, because the cover is clipped onto your pocket - it will stay behind when you grab the magazine. Also, the magazine is always perfectly positioned for grabbing it and inserting it into your gun.

The visible clip is what I don't want. However, with my shirt tail out, the clip would be concealed.

This one is $55, while Ammo Armor is $10. Big difference!

It is good to know about an option other than Ammo Armor. I'm glad that products like this are finally becoming available.

I chose to carry a spare magazine in my "sidecar" type LLOD (Last Line of Defense) Associate V² appendix holster. For me it puts everything in the same place, every time and getting to the spare magazine is basically the same familiar movement as initially drawing my pistol. The added benefit is that it's kept secure in the same concealed position as my Hellcat and I don't have to worry about either one printing, because the LLOD holsters are one of the very best on the market for appendix carry holsters...win win

I use the Crossbreed Reckoning System and love it. I've read negative reviews but it works great for me.

Attachments

• Screenshot (7).png
    Screenshot (7).png
    32.2 KB · Views: 192
Mike - Wow - Thanks you for the stellar review.

Here are some of the features of all the ExtraCarry Mag Pouch and a discount code for 15% OFF:

✔ Securely locks in place on your pants pocket with patented locking mechanism:
✔ No exposed rounds to get dislodged or compromised by items in your pocket
✔ Concealed Carry your spare magazine in your pocket
✔ Made with Carbon Fiber Reinforced Nylon
✔ Looks unassuming "like a pocket knife"
✔ Light weight and comfortable
✔ Ambidextrous design
✔ Fast access to your spare pistol magazine
✔ Spare magazine located in the same place every time
✔ Made in the USA
✔ Order With Confidence - 100% Money Back Guarantee (less shipping)

Here is a 15% off discount code: TAL15OFF

Patented locking mechanism:

ExtraCarry 9mm Universal Side.jpg

Nifty idea, looks like a good option for some.

For me, my pockets are full up already. Flashlight, pepper spray, pocket knife, keys, etc.

I can't put anything other than a paper receipt in my back pocket due to back problem so everything goes in the front pockets.

I have yet to find a belt mag carrier for a Hellcat magazine. Are there any out there that are not universal and low quality?

There might be an ExtraCarry Solution in your future if you want to organize the items in your pocket. We have done custom versions with flashlights and pepper spray. We offer a pepper spray pouch and can add that to an ExtraCarry Mag pouch.

Here are a couple of links:

Custom work:

1634490677597.png

Pepper Spray Holder:

1634490651045.png

Feel free to contact us if you are interested.

The ExtraCarry Sales Team

I guess I'm a freak.

They only thing I carry in my front pockets is my one truck key on its fob. As for pocket change I remove it as soon as I get back to my truck. I can't even carry my phone in my pocket.

I rarely carry an extra mag. I tend to prefer any additional bulk/weight allocation go to first aid trauma/bleeder kit. But I think I need to get one of these and others mentioned in the comments to try out. Thanks for the article.

Back