testtest

How do I fix this

I can’t replicate that motion you say happened.
Are you able to break it down and release slide again?

The takedown lever should remain upright as the slide stop/release button pressed downward to get the slide forward. The take down lever is totally independent and should not react to other motions or functions. I don’t think ”slapping” the slide forward by pressing /releasing the slide stop would cause any problem as the takedown lever being upright will only cause the slide to just slide straight for the frame.

Prior to the malfunction, was the initial re-assembly easy and snag-free, no jamming up?
If more force was used, damage could now be in striker mechanism worse case.

(Side note: My old SW was always a forgetful task to reattach the slide as I recall, the ejector lever had to manually lowered, it was a similar situation to what you experienced.)

Let us know if you can remove the slide and add some more pics inside of the receiver.

F3001EB4-16B8-42DE-AFF0-ABA75D59DE69.jpeg

I couldn’t resist.

00A46FAE-950B-4433-AC1F-A4C16320CD12.jpeg

Happened during feild stripping
i think you jumped the rails by for whatever reason, you slid the slide too far back maybe..???

if i recall, some will most likely say to remove the plate that holds in the striker, try to get the striker to come out, then the slide "should" move forward..??

if any spring(s) is/are broken, get replacements?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 62
I fixed it had the remove two pins hammer the slide till flush re insert both pins and hammer off the slide, someone said it before that the spring could have been askew I confirm that was partially the issue. I had jumped the rail as another person suggested which gave me the idea to beat the poop out of it(joking). But it works bout to go test fire hopeful about it.

Thanks for all the help!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Take a cresent wrench and open it enough to go around the guide rod body length, but not open enough to clear the end of the guide rod. You need to pull the guide out from under the barrel To reset it. The back end of the guide rod is stuck between the barrel and the locking block. As the slide goes forward in this condition, the slide is pushing the barrel hood hard into the locking black. But since the back end of the guide rod is not where it is supposed to be, its locked up. No beating required.

Back