testtest

How Does Your State Rank in Gun Sales?

Despite NJ being dead last, the sales at my LGS are brisk (according to them). I also notice more new faces at the range and more families showing up for group lessons.
It's like pioneer days as America was expanding West. A lot of folks didn't really want a gun but there was enough general unease about what they might face in the future, so they got one. Most found them useful.
We are seeing many folks buying their first gun nowadays for the same reasons.

Arizona at number 35. I'd rather live here than many of the states ahead of it. All I know is I can take new purchases home within minutes instead of days and it has a grade of F, so it must be doing something right.

Tennessee came in number 7. Kinda surprised me as just about everybody I know already has a gun. But then there's also a lot that have more than one. ;)

I was a little surprised NC was so low. I agree with Bassbob in that many states, including NC, don't do a NICS check for CCW holders for every purchase. So that knocks a lot of people out of these numbers. But, is no one going to mention the use of a Stormtrooper blaster as an illustration for that story?

Top Three (y), likely higher since NICS checks aren't needed for CCW holders.

One behind every blade of grass

Last edited:
Minnesota is at 24. I suppose that’s not too bad for a blue state, but the majority of the population is in the Twin Cities area. Back out here in the sticks,in ag country, it’s waaaay different. We ain’t very blue out this way 😎

I was a little surprised NC was so low. I agree with Bassbob in that many states, including NC, don't do a NICS check for CCW holders for every purchase. So that knocks a lot of people out of these numbers. But, is no one going to mention the use of a Stormtrooper blaster as an illustration for that story?
Some Sterling SMG’s were fabricated by some gun enthusiasts to be replica Blasters, so ai just took that as a modified Sterling. I can see a 9mm mag in it

Back