testtest

How Far Can You Push an XD-M Elite 10mm?

1680217927138.png

I used .45 mag sleeves. They fit 10mm mags
1680218278607.png

hi. do you have a mag extender on your mags ? XDM 10mm only hold 15 rounds not 16. .40 cal holds 16 though, i have both. never understood why they dont hold the same. mine are pre-optic models.

Just confirmed, the two provided magazines for my XDM Elite 10mm holds 16 rounds total, perhaps the newer mags hold an extra round?!? TBH, all of my 10mm magazines are loaded with 15 so that way the spring is not fully compressed.

Most of the guides I knew when I was in Alaska would use either 44 or 357 with hard cast bullets. They all said semis were unreliable in rough country.

What has changed?

Most of the guides I knew when I was in Alaska would use either 44 or 357 with hard cast bullets. They all said semis were unreliable in rough country.

What has changed?
Nothing, really.

I wouldn’t run an auto as a rough country gun.

What has changed?
Without knowing "what" semi-autos some unknown guides said and "what" time period, there's not much to say what's changed other than times have changed and reliable 10mm semi-autos are commonly carried now-a-days in Alaska & in griz country in the lower 48.

Never had an issue with 10mm Glocks & XDm's being unreliable in the rough country that I live in.

BTW, revolvers have been known to choke also.

Carry whatever your druthers are.

Last edited:
Just confirmed, the two provided magazines for my XDM Elite 10mm holds 16 rounds total, perhaps the newer mags hold an extra round?!? TBH, all of my 10mm magazines are loaded with 15 so that way the spring is not fully compressed.
yeah, all 5 of mine max out at 15, its pre-optics though. my .40 holds 16, never understood seeing as they are the same diameter why they would be different.

yeah, all 5 of mine max out at 15, its pre-optics though. my .40 holds 16, never understood seeing as they are the same diameter why they would be different.
The extended base-plate/pad allows for one extra round in the XDm-Elite 10mm magazines = 16 rds.

Back