testtest

How important is price?

Depends. Unless I am looking at one at a LGS I am only going to be concerned with prices at the retailers I know to be legit and who ship promptly. And I'll go where it's cheapest out of those retailers.
Usually when I decide I want something specific I'm not going to wait too long. I have bought a gun here or there that later retailed at a cheaper price there or elsewhere, but I have quite a few that you can't touch for anywhere near what I paid for them. Examples: Adams Arms Voodoo Innovations Witch Doctor. I paid $800 near the beginning of the pandemic. I have since seen them for $699. KSG25, I paid $750 a couple years back and now, if you can find one, they're around $1200.

Very. I probably bought 30 guns already this year. If I were a 1 or 2 gun guy, every couple years, it would be different. I will support the local shops if they can get me in the neighborhood of where I want to be but that’s not always possible. Some brands require min buy-ins (I won’t mention names) but that makes it impossible for some small shops to compete with certain brands. Local farm store are second on my list. Places like Rural King and Farm and Home Supply. If both those fail, I turn to the internet suppliers.

Very. I probably bought 30 guns already this year. If I were a 1 or 2 gun guy, every couple years, it would be different. I will support the local shops if they can get me in the neighborhood of where I want to be but that’s not always possible. Some brands require min buy-ins (I won’t mention names) but that makes it impossible for some small shops to compete with certain brands. Local farm store are second on my list. Places like Rural King and Farm and Home Supply. If both those fail, I turn to the internet suppliers.

Frankly I'm shocked you don't have some sort of distribution type deal. Looks like you could open a well stocked gun store in your living room. Between you and @BET7 the rest of us look like chumps. :)

Frankly I'm shocked you don't have some sort of distribution type deal. Looks like you could open a well stocked gun store in your living room. Between you and @BET7 the rest of us look like chumps. :)
I don’t keep everything. If it fails to impress me or I just plain get bored, I’ll drop a dozen or so off at the local auction house, replenish some toy money and buy some new ones. Probably got over a dozen sitting up there right now. I lost count. In fact, I’m giving serious consideration to pairing down my polymer guns even more. I’ve got plenty of SHTF guns. My passion of guns really lies in the handheld artwork. That’s why I collect Henrys, revolvers and 1911s. Notice you don’t see any pic rails on any of them 😉.

When I buy a gun on sale, it is usually one on my radar. I probably wasn't looking specifically for it, but it popped up and I had to get it at that price. A $1300 shotgun for $1K, a $1600 pump rifle for $900, etc. I recently bought a Max 9 for $380 and a Shield Plus for the same. My 629 was not discounted, but I wanted it anyway.

I always feel l should support my local mom and pop gunstore. I buy a few guns every month and often see them cheaper at Sportsman Warehouses or BPS than what my local dealer quotes. But a always feel there’s a loyalty factor staying with my dealer. Occasionally, I’ve picked up something on Gunbroker but usually feel uncomfortable shipping it to my same FFL dealer even though I gave him first shot at finding it for me himself. I also realize these online brokers don’t have the same overhead as the brick and mortar stores so they should be cheaper. I guess what I’m saying here is price, of course, is a factor but supporting my local dealer is important for me too.

I always feel l should support my local mom and pop gunstore. I buy a few guns every month and often see them cheaper at Sportsman Warehouses or BPS than what my local dealer quotes. But a always feel there’s a loyalty factor staying with my dealer. Occasionally, I’ve picked up something on Gunbroker but usually feel uncomfortable shipping it to my same FFL dealer even though I gave him first shot at finding it for me himself. I also realize these online brokers don’t have the same overhead as the brick and mortar stores so they should be cheaper. I guess what I’m saying here is price, of course, is a factor but supporting my local dealer is important for me too.

If I can get what I want from one of my 2 favorite LGS at a price that's not way higher than I can get it online I will buy it local. You gotta figure shipping and transfer fee into the price of anything you buy online. I have been at my LGS picking up something I had shipped to them for transfer and saw something I wanted on the shelf and bought it too. That's how I wound up with my VP9. Usually the stuff I buy online and have shipped there is weird, hard to get stuff. TS12, KSG25, Beretta 1301 when they were very difficult to find, etc. And I ALWAYS make a point to buy something from them while I'm there even though they are getting paid for the transfer. Some spare mags, some ammo.

Fuel is another factor today. I live in a small town and my favorite big box store is 75 miles away. My pickup gets 19 mpg, so if I go to the city, I better have other stops that make it worthwhile to go. Same thing if I want to make a Costco run. If I go to Costco, I stop at the Sportsmans Warehouse nearby. If I don't get a gun, I can get wads, shot, powder, etc. that I would eventually need.

i don't have a lot of money, so price is always important. however, i will not buy junk. i take my time and figure what i really need then try to find the best price. i haven't bought a gun over $700 yet. My SA Mil-Spec 1911 was $650, which was my big ticket item. all of my firearms are good quality from reputable manufacturers. the ones purchased for home/self defense i would trust to do the job.
now... if i had some more $$$$. totally different story. thinking M1A with archangel stock. ah hell, i'll get one with a traditional wood stock too. and a vintage M1 carbine while i'm at it.

You’ve decided on your new gun. How important is price where you shop for it?
for me, it is not only price, but, can i take it home with-in minutes of buying it?

i have a CCW, and as such, i can look, buy, and walk out at the BIG LGS.

but if there is something that i want (or like) at the bait and tackle store, i can buy it, but they hold to the 8 day waiting period. thier store, thier rules.

so needless to say, i just buy my reloads there, not as many guns as i did, before i got my ccw.

pricing is subjected to the popularity of some guns.

the more popular, the less the LGS gets in, even though they are a huge distributor of many, many brands.

one time, i specifically went there for a S&W Series "E" 1911, they had none, but a few Ronin's came in, i believe a tad higher priced, and i grabbed one quick.

i have seen the gun that i wanted on gunbroker, and paid a bit higher than the LGS.

it's the way it is sometimes, when you WANT something.

as a side, note, i am retired, and on SS and a small pension...so i too am not rich, so gun buying takes a side road, when i got more important things to buy, like replacement Speedos underwear

i just bought a shield plus from my lgs. internet prices were cheaper by close to $100 but then factoring shipping and transfer fee it brings it to almost a wash. with a firearm purchase my lgs throws in a $50 gift card, 15% discount on accessories and an additional month tacked onto my range membership so that puts it over the edge for me.

i just bought a shield plus from my lgs. internet prices were cheaper by close to $100 but then factoring shipping and transfer fee it brings it to almost a wash. with a firearm purchase my lgs throws in a $50 gift card, 15% discount on accessories and an additional month tacked onto my range membership so that puts it over the edge for me.
when it comes down to it, if i can wait for the LGS to get what i want (and if i put a small deposit on it to hold it), then i will do so, and i have done so.

i'd much rather support any local business as much as i can, when i can.

Price is important but I tend to look at value for the price. Pre 2020 my LGS would adjust pricing for me on both purchases and trades but once the craziness hit that stopped. I still try to purchase from them but do shop online as well. I use Grab a Gun and Palmetto State primarily and usually shop early morning. I was able to pickup 2 Garrisons recently(GAG) for well below MSRP and shipped to a local FFL. However if I really have the wants then price be damned ;)

Whew…….glad you said pension…..kinda had me scared there……..😬😬😬😬
as well as the Mrs hands over some of her Bingo winnings too.

it's her way of "paying me back" for all the sacrificing i did over the years and never did much for myself, but for her, the kids, the house, etc.

although, i highly suspect, should she win the Power Ball or Mega Millions, she will disappear into the night......

well at least then, i can call my girl friend, Charlize Theron to come on over and settle in.......

but then too, Charlize doesn't even know i'm alive.

christ, i can't fricking win

Old school shopper here and I expect to pay as little and the most as possible for something I want/need. Same with tools, red ones or yellow ones. Hate to admit and guilty of it, but waffling and procrastination costs even more.

Kind of like this latest SA Gear Up promo and free mags.
Does the free 3 mags price outweigh the FirstLine pricing (which is not applicable since the promo cannot be combined a F/L purchase) and depends on the cost of the Models magazine, but this appears to level the pricing field between regular sales and the F/L price offset.

Agree to shop locally.
My State sales tax is probably 2.5% more in person here but it will outweigh the shipping from OnLine bulk retailer plus FFL. The LGS inventory isn’t always vast and plentiful, so these days of $6 gas, shopping at 3-4 or more LGS’s come with added costs and frustration. Again, applies to my more frequent purchases of tools of who has what and what can I get that’s reasonably priced right now or sooner.

So in the mart of competitive commerce, I’ll bet the best deals are better had when it’s good old fashioned, familiar, in-person, face-to-face trading at the LGS which might prove to have more flexibility than we realize, not limited to a wealth of experience, knowledge and maybe even engage in the lost art of good conversation.

If there’s going to another run on ammo or arms (and it looks to be) waiting for any price drops will cost more and that appears to be applying to everything sold in the past 16 months.

Back