testtest

How many remember……

I remember when you would see an ad in a magazine and you would send a check in the mail along with pertinent information to order it. In 2-4 weeks what you ordered would arrive.

Anyone remember the "reader service cards"? You would circle a number or twenty and your catalog request was submitted to the various retailers.

Good grief. I even remember what SASE means...

Sure. There are only a few venders that send out catalogs too. Natchez sends me one every month. I'm a little ticked off at them though. I get an email and the header says $5 flat shipping site wide with this code. In the body of the email there's a bunch of ammo I want. Including the Force X2 for $12.99/box. SO I load up about $300 worth and go to checkout and I use the code and it says " Code does not apply to items in your cart." Grrrr.

So I cleared my cart and sent them an email. No response.

Anyway, yeah, I remember Sportsman's Guide and Cheaper Than Dirt catalogs littering my bathroom magazine rack.
I seem to remember "Cheaper than dirt" would guarantee you a spot on a special list. There was another place, took out like 6 or 8 page spread in shotgun news every month. Specialized in de-mil and template marked tubes and all that stuff. That was another place that allegedly got "watched" closely.

I remember AG Russell had a monthly members club flyer. There were some great buys in it both knife and firearms. One of my biggest firearms regrets was not buying a never been fired Win. 1897 riot gun when it was in the flyer.

Back