testtest

How Much Of A Role Does Avoiding Trouble Play In Your Overall Strategy?

Now if you are still a niner fan the new stadium is in a nice area good hotels around the area but you don’t get that real old time feel of the city
Still a fan and go to Levi Stadium (have season tickets) but the atmosphere makes a funeral parlor seem upbeat. Stay at the Hilton or Hyatt. Part of a group of out of state ticket holders. Had many meals at Alioto's.

LE was nearby…but the violent feral are unconcerned when they have bidness‘ to tend to;

Agree. It is a large outdoor venue so for events there is a large presence of LE. I stick with crowds and within the area of LE view. I don't mind paying extra to park in this situation. I will add this is not an area I visit when there is not an event. I struggle with not doing the things I enjoy because of others. I stay aware of my surroundings and don't shortcut from the "safer" path.

We would always stay near the ballpark (Stouffer pops into my head) and journey out from there. I think the hotel is now empty and has a different name. Six Flags was near Eureka if memory serves. My Uncle used to work at a Chrysler (I think) plant that was near Eureka. Now we do nothing except the game/eat and travel in a group of strangers to and from.
Six Flags is in Eureka. The Chrysler plant was in Fenton near 141 and 44. It's a Wally's truck stop and an industrial park. The yard I work out of is right across the highway. In fact I ran all new gas main and put a big test station in right in front of where the plant used to be. It sat vacant for many years and is only now being turned into commercial properties.

1664135942560.png

1664136030859.png

I pulled into a Waffle House the other day, there were 15 to 20 vehicles in the parking lot and several people just standing around out back in small groups. When I got to the front of the store I noticed that the place was open, but empty. Nothing looked normal, so I turned around, left the scene and ate someplace else.
Just the fact that it’s a (Waffle House) is reason enough to eat someplace else.

Stopped at one just once when on vacation touring on my motorcycle,
Sat at a table, got my coffee and looked up to see a dozen roaches on the wall.

Put a couple dollars on the table and walked out. Didn’t touch the coffee.

Just the fact that it’s a (Waffle House) is reason enough to eat someplace else.

Stopped at one just once when on vacation touring on my motorcycle,
Sat at a table, got my coffee and looked up to see a dozen roaches on the wall.

Put a couple dollars on the table and walked out. Didn’t touch the coffee.
The WH stores that I frequent are corporate owned, the one I mentioned is a franchise store... I suspect the one you were in was also a franchise store. I would have left quickly, just as you did.

Popeye's is more likely to take you out than some Thug
True. I live in a small town in southwest Georgia (population 10,000ish). We made the national news because a idiot manager with little man syndrome jumped a female coworker who refused to work overtime. Of course someone was videotaping it...

True. I live in a small town in southwest Georgia (population 10,000ish). We made the national news because a idiot manager with little man syndrome jumped a female coworker who refused to work overtime. Of course someone was videotaping it...
I seen that video...

I live in a small town of 2k. I have traveled the world and been to many big cities, I use to love going to them... Not any more. I have to go to SF every ten years to renew my wife's passport, (German) we use to make many vacations out of it, this last time, (2015) bums, hobbo's, crap on the sidewalks, people shooting up in broad daylight. Bums shooting up in the public restrooms down on the boardwalk... Just terrible, dreading going back in 2025. We use to walk everywhere down town SF... Seattle I would go to all the time, park somewhere by the needle and walk around everywhere, bums would be polite with there signs, but leave ya alone, drop a dollar or so and get a thank you, now, they follow harrass, cuss you if not enough. Poo on the sidewalks, just terrible. Number one thing that ties each of these towns decay is the Party that runs the town. DemonCrats. Sorry I said it.

I don't have any particularly bad situations to relate and I do frequent our local Waffle House on occasion (god knows ya' gotta love those pecan waffles), but I do find myself these days being much more cognizant of where I go, what areas of town I go to, and what time I go there. I am also finding myself constantly telling my wife how to do certain things like banking, and what to look for when exiting/entering her car in a parking lot like Wal-Mart or similar. It's really sad since we live in a rather modest, quiet town not really known for a lot of hoopla..... no big name ball fields or other attractions. But even at that, I can see the town gradually changing for the worst.

I also note that these days I'm far more concerned about my surroundings than I might have been 50 or so years ago. I'm sure part of that is the changing surroundings, the other part probably a false sense of immortality.

Ha ha! I just re-read this post of mine and realized what a mess I made of it. In the last sentence I mentioned one reason I'm more concerned about my surroundings than 50 years ago is "the changing surroundings, the other part probably a false sense of immortality."

I intended to say that the feeling of immortality was 50 or so years ago when I was a young buck of about 20 something and feared nothing. Yeh, it doesn't take long to get over that feeling as you age.

In your 30's you realize it takes a little longer to heal after a little scuffle and the bruises don't fade as fast.

In your 40's you realize it not only takes longer to heal but hurts during the whole healing process, however long it is.

In your 50's you realize everything has slowed way down and you have to recognize that .... otherwise you really realize just how long it does take to heal.

In your 60's, if you're still not aware of all that's changed and/or slowed down during those years from when you were 20 something, it's probably too late for you to learn anyway ...... so

in your 70's you realize life's just to short to take a chance on it..... you admit you're too old to fight with a bad guy, and too slow to outrun him, so you get real serious about your CCW!

Yeh, y'all all know what I mean!!! :)o_O

we learnt in ccw class, that if you never went into certain neighborhoods BEFORE you got your ccw, then DON'T go into them AFTER you get your ccw.

that was said to be "looking" for trouble.

i keep my head on a swivel when i go to my regular places.

but crime can happen anytime, any place, not just "the bad neighborhoods".

just the chances are greater.

to me, if the stores get robbed a lot, how's about a "walk up pass thru window" and a "drive thru window", rather than leaving the doors open..???

that way, the employee's are safe inside, and the thugs will have a tougher time of shooting at someone working there.

then too, hundreds more cameras.

and a DA's office that actually prosecutes, and get rid of the insane, "no bail" when one is arrested crap.....and they are out on the streets in minutes.

I want to be careful how I say this because I don't drink at all. I don't have anything against alcohol I just choose not to consume.

Having said that. another thing on my list of avoiding trouble is I don't understand people that go out in public and get intoxicated. I'm not talking about having a drink with dinner or maybe two over the course of the night.

I'm talking about people who go out in public and get drunk enough to be impaired. I just can't imagine letting my guard down that much.

I want to be careful how I say this because I don't drink at all. I don't have anything against alcohol I just choose not to consume.

Having said that. another thing on my list of avoiding trouble is I don't understand people that go out in public and get intoxicated. I'm not talking about having a drink with dinner or maybe two over the course of the night.

I'm talking about people who go out in public and get drunk enough to be impaired. I just can't imagine letting my guard down that much.

some people are morons and drink ONLY to get drunk.

where as others drink to be "sociable"

Back