testtest

How Starline and Midway started ~42 years ago.

shanneba

Custom
Larry's Short Stories / 357 Magnum Brass

Important changes often come from small, unknown companies, rather than large and long-established ones; such was certainly the case with the availability of bulk reloading components. It all started with unprimed cartridge brass – and two unknown companies – Midway and Starline.

Larry's Short Stories / 357 Magnum Brass

Important changes often come from small, unknown companies, rather than large and long-established ones; such was certainly the case with the availability of bulk reloading components. It all started with unprimed cartridge brass – and two unknown companies – Midway and Starline.

I like watching the Larry Potterfield gunsmithing videos. Very informative stuff and a great company to deal with.

one of the really good online companies that always get my purchases out pretty much the same day i order them, and shorter than quoted delivery dates.
I find myself ordering a majority of my stuff from Midway USA these past few years because of how fast they ship. Joe Bob Outfitters is another extremely fast shipping company with some of the best pricing online for firearm related items.

A vast majority of my business goes to Midway. All my reloading brass came from Midway in their once fired brass category. Not once have I ever been disappointed in the quality.
I just ordered two Wilson 1911 10mm mags and seen they knocked off $12 for each of the two because they said they were " blemished". I tell you I have scoured them top to bottom for that "blemish" and I for the life of me cannot find it.
Great company I'll give my support to all day every day.

I too like Larry's gunsmithing videos.

I've delt with Midway since the early 80s. Always top notch. I told the girl I talked to one day on the phone. Told her I have been buying from Midway way before Larry lol. She got quite for a moment and then said , yeah you have been lol

I've delt with Midway since the early 80s. Always top notch. I told the girl I talked to one day on the phone. Told her I have been buying from Midway way before Larry lol. She got quite for a moment and then said , yeah you have been lol
as i mentioned, i get treated very well by Midway, but i also get very good treatment from Brownells, The Glock Store, Ed Brown, Wilson, Natchez, Starline, Miwall, InLine Fab, KMS Squared, Lee, Dillon, etc,etc.....

i am now waiting for my first purchase from Berry's Bullets. been since Dec 4th.>????

but i suspect it'll be a good experience with them as well.

many of those sites above, i either got from you guys, or other gun sites.

all very good companies.

i don't mind buying something, anything, small in price, to just "test out" an online site.

i even have GREAT luck and experiences with many of the top rated gun store dealers on Gun Broker.

If you haven't read the "About Us" link from Midway, you should.

How a Remington Model 8 semi-automatic rifle in 25 Remington and 8mm Nambu ammunition figured into their beginning.

The name Midway came after a letter arrived from some attorneys in New York City, who represented the Eley division of Kynoch Industries.

as i mentioned, i get treated very well by Midway, but i also get very good treatment from Brownells, The Glock Store, Ed Brown, Wilson, Natchez, Starline, Miwall, InLine Fab, KMS Squared, Lee, Dillon, etc,etc.....

i am now waiting for my first purchase from Berry's Bullets. been since Dec 4th.>????

but i suspect it'll be a good experience with them as well.

many of those sites above, i either got from you guys, or other gun sites.

all very good companies.

i don't mind buying something, anything, small in price, to just "test out" an online site.

i even have GREAT luck and experiences with many of the top rated gun store dealers on Gun Broker.
I've delt with Berry bullets several times . Never had any problems 👌

well, an update...my order from Midway, is going back to Midway, and it never got delivered to me.

apparently, the shipping label must have been destroyed, as it says "ship to: Anonymous".......lol

so i just sent Midway a quick, "how can we help you"? message, with the order number....

ain't the first time a shipping label was mucked up, from another online company...BUT however, as i tracked THAT package, it was still at the local post office and i got on down there, showed my ID and they handed it to me..

this package however, never left the postal main station to get to my sub-station...

it originally started out as a UPS Mail Solutions.....which means, they then tender it to the post office.

UPDATE

ok, so i finally got this screw bit set, on Dec 24th..!!

in the meantime, i had "conversed via email" with customer service at Midway

they sent me another set, since my original one never arrived, at the time it was supposed to.

it was too late to stop that shipment, but THAT TOO has been in USPS limbo

each day i tracked it, "they say", "delivery today", then no delivery, then the next day same ole, same ole.

i emailed customer at Midway, and told them that I WILL return the item if they can email me the shipping label, and they did.

i went and bought a "padded" envelope at the Post office, for the return.

then for "back up", i went to my local CVS store for some small boxes, that they throw way.

ok, that "replacement order" has not arrived as of today.

i emailed customer service at Midway yesterday (Jan 1st), about this order being "lost in the annals of space in the postal system"

they got back to me earlier today...

"when it finally arrives, KEEP IT, you went thru too much inconveniences"....

WOW......!!!!

here is a copy of the email from Midway:

On Mon, Jan 2, 2023 at 9:34 AM MidwayUSA Customer Service wrote:
Dear xxxx,

Thank you so much for your email regarding this issue. I am so sorry for all of the inconveniences this process has caused; I do understand how frustrating this situation can be. I have reviewed the order and the item that was sent to you and determined that you are able to go ahead and keep the replacement item when it arrives to you. Please do not worry about returning the item. It does look like it was last scanned on 12/30 in Windsor, CT as "On Its Way to USPS." We appreciate you as a customer and thank you for your business. If there is anything else that we might assist you with, please do not hesitate to reach out. Again, I do apologize for the frustrations caused by this issue. Thank you; have a great day and a Happy New Year!

If we can be of further assistance, we are available by live chat and phone 7 days a week from 8:05 AM to 4:30 PM CST or you may email us any time. Please note, we answer emails as quickly as possible, usually within 24 hours.

Thanks for Your Business!

Shannon
MidwayUSA Customer Service​

i really was NOT expecting this, a thank you email was sent back to them

how about that..!!!!

UPDATE

ok, so i finally got this screw bit set, on Dec 24th..!!

in the meantime, i had "conversed via email" with customer service at Midway

they sent me another set, since my original one never arrived, at the time it was supposed to.

it was too late to stop that shipment, but THAT TOO has been in USPS limbo

each day i tracked it, "they say", "delivery today", then no delivery, then the next day same ole, same ole.

i emailed customer at Midway, and told them that I WILL return the item if they can email me the shipping label, and they did.

i went and bought a "padded" envelope at the Post office, for the return.

then for "back up", i went to my local CVS store for some small boxes, that they throw way.

ok, that "replacement order" has not arrived as of today.

i emailed customer service at Midway yesterday (Jan 1st), about this order being "lost in the annals of space in the postal system"

they got back to me earlier today...

"when it finally arrives, KEEP IT, you went thru too much inconveniences"....

WOW......!!!!

here is a copy of the email from Midway:

On Mon, Jan 2, 2023 at 9:34 AM MidwayUSA Customer Service wrote:

i really was NOT expecting this, a thank you email was sent back to them

how about that..!!!!
More UPS BS. They are slow walking all the stuff from Midway and other vendors.

Back