testtest

How to Avoid Slide Bite

I've never been bitten by the slide, but my first GI Model 1911 hammer bit the crap out of me two times in a row. I sold it soon thereafter for one with a larger grip safety (beavertail). Problem solved.

My trouble was I never spotted them. I would just hear a hissing sound and that wide open cotton-mouth.
I definitely didn't spot the one that lit me up, twice before I could even register what happened. Turned out I had stepped on it, it was perfectly camouflaged in the shallow water I was walking thru. First bite was a dry bite, I guess I didn't get off of it fast enough because the 2nd bite was definitely NOT a dry bite...lol,

Good article, fortunately I have never been bitten by a firearm slide or firearm hammer, I can also say not by a tick, spider or chicken. Just saying. 🤦‍♂️😎🤠😂
1596742586112.jpeg

Oppps.......did I do post this......🐔🐔🐔🐔

A friend of mine many years ago was shooting my new Colt series 80 is stainless, in .45acp, it was the 1886-1986 100th anniversary Model, now, he was in the war, so he knew how to shoot, grabbed the gun fired it, then yelled *@@$&, he had his thumb way to high near the slide, the slide came back, and wammo, it cut his thumb down to the bone, I told him put the gun down, your bleeding all over it.......he had to have several stitches for it.

Back