testtest

How to Choose a Handgun: 5 Things you Didn’t Know

The “you get what you pay for“ is oh so true.

I’ve always been amused by people who say—for example— “my Taurus PT92 is just as good as a Beretta 92”...

No, it isn’t. Run both seriously and you'll soon understand why.

Personally, I consider the phrase “just as good as” to translate to “not as good as, but I don't know the difference, and my ego is too tied up in what I bought to admit it”.

Nice information. I am a feel person first and foremost. On the pricing aspect I try to use a "The quality is really good for the price point" approach. An example would be my TRP is not the gun my Professional is but at 60% cost the TRP would be a great gun for the average gun owner, IMO.

I agree with the statement that you get what you pay for wholeheartedly. With that said I do have a cheap pistol in the form of a KelTec PF 9 . This firearm has never jammed since the first 200 rounds of break in ammo other than the time I tried to run Rem. Golden Sabres in it. I have put close to 3000 rounds through it , changed the recoil spring , and kept it clean. I can find no fault with it.

However when I bought it I did so with my eyes wide open to the possibility of having a handful of junk. I know many have had really bad experiences with KelTec but I must have been lucky.

A person will almost always do better for themselves by buying the best grade handgun they can.

Back