testtest

How to Choose the Right Tent

When I tent, I motorcycle-camp. One saddlebag is a 10 degree mummy bag that packs smaller than my head, along with my Eureka! 2-3 person dome with vestibule. The vestibule is THE BEST - I can put wet riding gear, and/or boots, and/or equipment, in the vestibule...without it being "in" the tent with me.

I grew up backpack-camping, so I'm all about "small, packable, and lightweight" - perfect for moto-camping as well. I think the tent poles for the Eureka! are like 16" when broken down, which fit in my saddlebag perfectly alongside the mummy bag. My other saddlebag is clothing. My top case is incidentals - rain gear, spare socks (wet feet when riding SUCK), and other small stuff. My tank bag (soft) is essentials - wallet, cell phone on charge, map if needed (there's a GPS on my right handlebar but sometimes good ol' directions are nice to have too), spare gloves, energy bars, etc. You can see the bike I use, in my avatar...the shot is from a trip from MD, down to GA/TN, and was taken on "Tail Of The Dragon" a couple years back. Fun ride.

Back