testtest

How to Clean the Springfield Prodigy

A lot of people are not a fan of the two-piece guide rod and my first encounter was not exactly a glowing review. I have field stripped my Prodigy multiple times over the past week and the key to managing the spring when reinstalling it is to keep your thumb flat over the length of the spring to prevent the spring from bucking under pressure - as per the video above. When you do this the two rod elements are easy to screw together.

A lot of people are not a fan of the two-piece guide rod and my first encounter was not exactly a glowing review. I have field stripped my Prodigy multiple times over the past week and the key to managing the spring when reinstalling it is to keep your thumb flat over the length of the spring to prevent the spring from bucking under pressure - as per the video above. When you do this the two rod elements are easy to screw together.
Looks a lot easier the trying to put back the 2 piece spring assembly on a P320 X-five legion……good video Mike!

Yea, now they use a 1911 recoil spring, they give you a 12 lb and a 14lb, and a full length guide rod, not easy to reassemble, plus you have to watch that the safety lever pin doesn’t fall out on you, which mine just fell out and I lost, did get another from Sig plus a spare

Yea, now they use a 1911 recoil spring, they give you a 12 lb and a 14lb, and a full length guide rod, not easy to reassemble, plus you have to watch that the safety lever pin doesn’t fall out on you, which mine just fell out and I lost, did get another from Sig plus a spare
They always did

I know, hence my confusion.

2F0F8399-4285-4ECA-8EA3-97B2D7D00C8D.gif

Back