testtest

How to field dress a game bird

The last version is how I used to do Ducks and Geese. Quail and Doves I skinned and cut the breast off them. We didn't have Pheasants when I was young and hunting all the time nor did we have Turkeys.

Question on this when it comes to Dove 🕊. Growing up when we would field dress our dove we had to clean and leave one wing attached and visible (Fish & Game regulation). As Dove is the only birds I’ve hunted is this a practice all of you have to do? And does this have to be done with all birds?

You guys do know, I really could have went full gonzo on this thread.......just saying.....😬😬😬😬
1599141794934.gif

Question on this when it comes to Dove 🕊. Growing up when we would field dress our dove we had to clean and leave one wing attached and visible (Fish & Game regulation). As Dove is the only birds I’ve hunted is this a practice all of you have to do? And does this have to be done with all birds?
Lots of states require a wing.
I would just breast out ducks. Easiest way to clean them.
Dove, step on both wings and yank the breasts clean out. Sweet trick and fast

Having grown up in the country , we always cleaned our game after we got home. No reason to make sure to leave a head or a wing on the game. We just left it all on. :LOL: ;)

Back