testtest

How to Hunt the Wind

Scent is more important than wind. My two cents. Opinion is based on hunting whitetail in the brush and hollars of the whitetail deer capital of the world. I've had deer so close I could spit on'em.

Scent is more important than wind. My two cents. Opinion is based on hunting whitetail in the brush and hollars of the whitetail deer capital of the world. I've had deer so close I could spit on'em.
This is true with really big bucks for sure. It's a whole other hunt. Many times though I have had fair sized bucks much closer than bow range while I was all smelling like a human. Once I was taking a leak. Zipped up after I dropped him. Deer are not as smart I think as many hunters would like to believe. I quit hunting out of stands a long time ago. Because I killed the :poop: out of them just sitting with my back to a tree up on a ridge somewhere.

Now like I said, the really big guys, different story. They are almost completely nocturnal and unless it's the rut they rarely make the fatal mistakes.

This is true with really big bucks for sure. It's a whole other hunt. Many times though I have had fair sized bucks much closer than bow range while I was all smelling like a human. Once I was taking a leak. Zipped up after I dropped him. Deer are not as smart I think as many hunters would like to believe. I quit hunting out of stands a long time ago. Because I killed the :poop: out of them just sitting with my back to a tree up on a ridge somewhere.

Now like I said, the really big guys, different story. They are almost completely nocturnal and unless it's the rut they rarely make the fatal mistakes.
And that’s the reason they’re the big guys. 😊

Back