testtest

How to Mount a Rifle Scope

BET7

Ronin
Founding Member
Chris Baker from Lucky-Gunner describes the process of mounting a rifle scope in this interesting video/article. This is part one which includes the mounting of the scope, where part two will demonstrating sighting the scope in (part two to follow later).
I know there was a thread awhile back on mounting a scope for precision shooting, which this video/article does not go into.

Good article there on mounting scopes, thanks grasshopper. One of my best friends who passed away few years back was a bench rest shooter, he always mounted my scopes for me, miss him.

Chris Baker from Lucky-Gunner describes the process of mounting a rifle scope in this interesting video/article. This is part one which includes the mounting of the scope, where part two will demonstrating sighting the scope in (part two to follow later).
I know there was a thread awhile back on mounting a scope for precision shooting, which this video/article does not go into.

Thanks for a good down to earth video on scope mounting Bet7.
Hadn't heard of purple lock tite or why used before, usually use blue. - Good tip! There's a few other good basic tips/tricks that Chris Baker also mentions well like rotationally setting screws, is always good practice to have instilled into the old noggin' for mounting many other things too. Same with removing cap to level scope tip. Makes a lot of sense when can. - Good balance and level is key to many things. He touches base well on those practices in scope mounting.

Thanks for a good down to earth video on scope mounting Bet7.
Hadn't heard of purple lock tite or why used before, usually use blue. - Good tip! There's a few other good basic tips/tricks that Chris Baker also mentions well like rotationally setting screws, is always good practice to have instilled into the old noggin' for mounting many other things too. Same with removing cap to level scope tip. Makes a lot of sense when can. - Good balance and level is key to many things. He touches base well on those practices in scope mounting.
Agreed Bob, I'm glad you found it interesting.

Back