testtest

How to Safely Reholster your Handgun

My goodness that guy with the accidental discharge surely fumbled around a lot reholstering. I didn't think much of his holster either. I like a hammer so I can feel it with my thumb and be sure everything is as it should be. Even then, one needs to be sure a shirt tail, etc. is not interferring. Especially with striker fired, I can see how something could interfere and create an unwanted problem. There are a LOT of new gun owners we need to work on educating. Be careful out there folks!

My goodness that guy with the accidental discharge surely fumbled around a lot reholstering. I didn't think much of his holster either. I like a hammer so I can feel it with my thumb and be sure everything is as it should be. Even then, one needs to be sure a shirt tail, etc. is not interferring. Especially with striker fired, I can see how something could interfere and create an unwanted problem. There are a LOT of new gun owners we need to work on educating. Be careful out there folks!

Great points for things that can get in the way a couple more are retention straps or worn leather on your holster folding into the trigger guard.

I have a nephew with no gun experience at all. (26 y o ) A couple years ago he borrowed one from a friend and when he went to put it in the holster, he pushed it in-between the holster and his pants. He shot himself in the leg, went into his thigh and came out his knee. He will always limp and will never even touch a gun.

I agree. If you are forced to draw in a defensive situation you are already going to be under an enormous amount of stress. It would just be another step that you could forget to do. They certainly aren't going to wait for you to remember everything you are suppose to.
Couldn't agree more. Not to mention if it fails to chamber a round correctly then you're in a bigger pickle or dead. If it comes down to it and you need to unholster your firearm chances are you might not have time to chamber a round even with your hand. I sleep better knowing I have a round chambered and it's ready to go if I need to pull my pistol then it's already a very bad situation.

Back