testtest

HUMVEE or a Bentley…

Neither.

1996 Ford F350 crew cab long bed.
Well, as a Ford truck owner, I will tell you F250’s And beyond like to sink in the earth.. designed for towing .. not mud slinging …😉
Same goes for the Chevy, dodge or other.. 3/4-1 tons+ dont like soggy earth

C8D08B59-3271-4767-8FA9-34401331D2B0.jpeg

Well, as a Ford truck owner, I will tell you F250’s And beyond like to sink in the earth.. designed for towing .. not mud slinging …😉

View attachment 42534
If you are going to get out in the mud you better have some GOOD mud tires and enough engine , or gearing , to pull them.

View attachment 42534
The original question was...What would be your get away ride. No mention of mud slinging invincibility.

I'm very familiar with what we call "gumbo" in ID & MT, and neither a Humvee nor a Bentley will survive a Gumbo patch when the conditions make it that way. Got to know where that :poop:-hit is & what conditions not to drive into it.

In one experience, I was out in a central Idaho location in a F250 doing field work up on a mountain range. Going in the ground was still frozen but when I came out the ground had thawed and when I came down the two-track I came onto a flat area that went through a patch of gumbo. I was in 4WD going no-where & that :poop:-hit built up like in your pic.

So here I was stuck on a sage-brush flat but fortunately, I had a winch on the front & saw a solitary large boulder not far away. Then the question was...Do I have enough cable to get to it? Luckily I did & I winched my rig off the gumbo & back down the slope of the road.

The drive back was very noisy with all that :poop:-hit flopping off the tires & wheel wells, & when I got into town I spent a good time at the car wash getting it off my rig.

The gumbo is especially bad & wide-spread in eastern MT.

Still my get-away ride would be a 1996 (9th Gen) F350 crew cab long bed which will go & and carry more, where I would go than the Humvee & Bentley, although what I described is a big rig and hard to squeeze into some places in the woods.

My .02

Last edited:
Get away implies you’re going to hit a couple of curves at some point. That’s where the getaway part in a Humvee or pickup ends. The curves is the bit where the Bentley creates some distance and continues on in comfort. This is why the Bentley Mulsanne is named after one of the fastest racetracks in the world - Le Mans. The other guys are goin’ to jail with the rest of the curmudgeons and cretins.

Get away implies you’re going to hit a couple of curves at some point. That’s where the getaway part in a Humvee or pickup ends. The curves is the bit where the Bentley creates some distance and continues on in comfort. This is why the Bentley Mulsanne is named after one of the fastest racetracks in the world - Le Mans. The other guys are goin’ to jail with the rest of the curmudgeons and cretins.
Damn straight. Simon can drive the Bentley, I'll be in the back with a martini and a shotgun.

I'd like to try these out for my needs.

I have a set of trail grapplers, they are great in the mud but don't last on asphalt. they were on the truck when i bought it. I checked on prices when i was having tires put on another truck and WOW, i won't be buying them again.

SANY3368.JPG

Neither would be my first choice, but if I had to choose one or the other, it would be a real HumVee (not a Hummer). You can get a lot farther away with one of those than you can with a Bentley. At least in my part of the world.

Back