testtest

Hyve Mag Extension Review for the Hellcat

I ordered 4 additional factory 13 round mags for my Hell Cat 9mm with four spare mags and one 13 round +1 in the gun this little pistol has massive superior firepower for its small size with 66 rounds of 9mm ammo at my disposal.

Nice story Mike, and good information, thanks. After all these Hellcat stories, I may have to get one once my dealer gets them in again.
You just might like it, Make sure you get the OSP Version, I was impressed at the natural point of aim and feel of the HellCat OSP 9mm & It's factory u notch sights. I purchased the Vortex Venom 3 MOA Red Dot and it mounts directly in the slide after you remove the cover plate.I also purchased 4 of the 13 round magazines for it. It comes with a 13 round and 11 Round Magazine. When you fire it you will be impressed with the accuracy of such a micro pistol not to mention its firepower ability. Shooting bowling pins at 25' was a blast as well as hitting thumb tacks at 25'.I like the XD, XDM , XDS , XDE line of Pistols ever since I purchased HS 2000 back in 1990.

Do you carry all the mags in a bandolier across your body? 🤣👍
mexican-bandolier-hoboken-2.jpg

Well I’ve been contemplating saying this and I’m not trying to take anything away from this post and article on mag extensions but back before this virus thing became front and center I stopped by my local Shoot Point Blank store and they had a HellCat to rent and tryout. So I figured why not.
Now I’m sure I’ll hear all sorts of comments but I was not impressed.
Yes the gun is a double stack which with my bigger then average hands I require for a good grip it’s just overall it felt small.
Yes it’s a compact but so isn’t my Mod2’s
which fit my hand perfect.
The only single stack handgun that I have is my 1911 and I attribute the great feeling of that gun to it’s weight and incredible awesome balance. I apologize for adding this to this post.
Like I said I expect some flake on this so let it rain. ☔

Well I’ve been contemplating saying this and I’m not trying to take anything away from this post and article on mag extensions but back before this virus thing became front and center I stopped by my local Shoot Point Blank store and they had a HellCat to rent and tryout. So I figured why not.
Now I’m sure I’ll hear all sorts of comments but I was not impressed.
Yes the gun is a double stack which with my bigger then average hands I require for a good grip it’s just overall it felt small.
Yes it’s a compact but so isn’t my Mod2’s
which fit my hand perfect.
The only single stack handgun that I have is my 1911 and I attribute the great feeling of that gun to it’s weight and incredible awesome balance. I apologize for adding this to this post.
Like I said I expect some flake on this so let it rain. ☔

Not from me.

Back in December or so, a buddy, his son & I shot a Sig P365SAS, a Glock 43X, and a Hellcat side by side.

The unanimous winner was the 43X.

The SAS had sight issues, but, by far had the best trigger. The grip felt a bit small to me and my buddy’s son, but we’re both bigger guys. If the sights had been on, instead of 3-4” right, consistently, at 7 yards...it might have won (the SAS sights can’t be adjusted, either).

The Hellcat? Felt a little better in the hand, but the trigger was...I just gotta say this, typical XD. Mushy, with an indeterminate break. We all liked the tennis-ball yellow front sight, though, and it shot reasonably well.

The 43X...was an eye opener. I’m not a huge Glock fan—I think they are more than a little overrated, and that they rested on their laurels for far too long, and have been mostly overtaken by better poly strikers...but this Gen5 was just a joy to shoot. The longer grip filled the hand, it didn’t feel tiny, and it just drilled holes. The only drawback was the single stack mags (10rd?)...but now Shield Systems is making the 15rd flush mags, and only require you to swap out your mag release...and by all reports, they work great.

If I was in the market for one of these, I know what I’d get.

Now, excuse me while I zip up my Nomex.

Not from me.

Back in December or so, a buddy, his son & I shot a Sig P365SAS, a Glock 43X, and a Hellcat side by side.

The unanimous winner was the 43X.

The SAS had sight issues, but, by far had the best trigger. The grip felt a bit small to me and my buddy’s son, but we’re both bigger guys. If the sights had been on, instead of 3-4” right, consistently, at 7 yards...it might have won (the SAS sights can’t be adjusted, either).

The Hellcat? Felt a little better in the hand, but the trigger was...I just gotta say this, typical XD. Mushy, with an indeterminate break. We all liked the tennis-ball yellow front sight, though, and it shot reasonably well.

The 43X...was an eye opener. I’m not a huge Glock fan—I think they are more than a little overrated, and that they rested on their laurels for far too long, and have been mostly overtaken by better poly strikers...but this Gen5 was just a joy to shoot. The longer grip filled the hand, it didn’t feel tiny, and it just drilled holes. The only drawback was the single stack mags (10rd?)...but now Shield Systems is making the 15rd flush mags, and only require you to swap out your mag release...and by all reports, they work great.

If I was in the market for one of these, I know what I’d get.

Now, excuse me while I zip up my Nomex.
I’ll say this, not a Glock fan. I shot a coworkers Glock and HATED it.
Maybe I’m just stuck on my 3 Mod2’s for me they ARE me.

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled Hyve & the 14+1 Hellcat and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/hyve-the-141-hellcat/.

I've had more fun thinking about after mkt. schtuff to put on this lil pocket thang than any before. Today got the RKguns.com laser thing. A RDO is next after deciding whether it'll fit into my pockets. No belts for this 28 yr. CVA recipient. Now this extension thing? O boy more schtuff! I love the Hellcat's feel/size.

Back