testtest

I am all for gun confiscation-from criminals

HayesGreener

Hellcat
The inverse logic of gun control advocates fails to take into account the law of unintended consequences. Disarming law abiding citizens may appeal to myopic thinkers in their superficial bubble, but it also makes them vulnerable to criminals and other evil forces. At the same time, demonizing, and diminishing police by de-funding efforts, and unreasonable restrictions on proactive policing, increases the opportunity for innocent citizens to become victims of crime. One thing is certain: we cannot prosper in a state of anarchy.

Here is an example of self defeating policy. The US Supreme Court decision in Terry vs. Ohio in 1968 cemented an officer's authority to stop, and perhaps frisk, an individual based upon reasonable suspicion that a crime may be occurring or about to occur. Stop and Frisk is one of the most powerful tools law enforcement has to deter gun crime and take armed felons off the street. But in communities like New York, where politicians have decided Stop and Frisk disproportionately affects minorities, the practice has been curtailed. Add to that the Ferguson Effect on proactive policing, and you have a much larger population of criminals running around armed with impunity. The results in increased gun crime are so predictable.

When I hear someone say we should have more gun control and even confiscate guns, my response is this: Take the guns from the criminals, and put criminals who commit crimes with guns away, and leave me alone.

1631011176832.png

You make too much sense.
In some politicians (and mass media propagandists) views, all gun owners are guilty until proved innocent. Hence the "need" of permits and registration.

BTW, technically all proven criminals should be in jails. If they finished their sentence, are they still "criminals"?

May help to define criminality? It can be fleeting? Keep in mind much is basically politically biased too.
One day something is legal, the next day it isn't even though nothing in reality has changed but the law?
Do we have too many laws and too many complex laws that many don't completely comprehend?
So as far as who's a criminal or what may be criminal may be up for debate and am not going there today ....or here.

Back