testtest

I am Part of the Problem

Oaktree45

Master Class
Hi, my name is Bob and I’m an addict. No, I’m not addicted to drugs, alcohol, or tobacco, I’m addicted to ammo. The current shortage of ammo has turned me into a hoarder. I have plenty of ammo and yet when I’m in a sporting goods store and they have a caliber I use, I buy it. I simply can’t stop myself.

Today I was at my favorite sporting goods store and they actually had 9mm Winchester White Box 115gr FMJ, 50 rounds for $19.99. There was a two box limit so I bought two. As of right now, I’m swearing off buying any more ammo. Perhaps I should look for local AA (Ammo Addicts) meeting.

N
Hi, my name is Bob and I’m an addict. No, I’m not addicted to drugs, alcohol, or tobacco, I’m addicted to ammo. The current shortage of ammo has turned me into a hoarder. I have plenty of ammo and yet when I’m in a sporting goods store and they have a caliber I use, I buy it. I simply can’t stop myself.

Today I was at my favorite sporting goods store and they actually had 9mm Winchester White Box 115gr FMJ, 50 rounds for $19.99. There was a two box limit so I bought two. As of right now, I’m swearing off buying any more ammo. Perhaps I should look for local AA (Ammo Addicts) meeting.
Nothing wrong with that!

I hear you. I keep searching the web for more, yet when I go to the range I buy ammo there so I don't use any of my stock. I need to stop.

BOB? As one of the many Bob's here - I Heeearrrd Thaaat! :)
The best jest was the Bob grin on Enzyte TV commercials.
Thankfully, most Bob's have a good sense of humor too?

1616617531658.jpeg

Nothing wrong with that. I literally cannot stop buying it in stores. After I take the doggo on her hike/morning dog park time, we go to all the local Academy stores, Field and Stream/Dick's, and Bass Pro everyday.

More often than not I find one of the 3 calibers im looking for and I ALWAYS leave with two boxes (8 if its Bass Pro). Sometimes I even line up in the morning if im low on something specific.

@Oaktree45 - I too, am an addict. I'm not ashamed either.

I can say I am not part of the problem. Simply becasue there is no ammo to be found in my area. For grins, I stopped into a local Bass Pro yesterday becasue I was driving by. Pre pandemic stocked two isles of ammo was down to a section as wide as my kitchen table. A few 100 packs of .22, 2 boxes of .44 mag. a few boxes of 6.5 creedmoor, and a few boxes of 20 gauge. Very sad.

there seems to be a lot of difference in the "shortage" depending on where you live. I havent seen 9mm in a while. Well let me rephrase that.....I havent seen 9mm that isnt something like $32 a box. I aint payin' no 50 cents for no coke and no $32 for no 9mm either.

that being said, I walked into a Dunhams the other day and lo and behold there were some 200 count range packs of 556 green tip on the shelf. Academy also has them if you get there early on a day the truck comes. They are going for about $130, so 65c/rd. I didnt "need" any so I left it there for others. In any case it was nice to see ammo on the shelf

1616627164302.png

I see the appeal of scalping but its a bit shady too. I stood in line one day at a local Academy...just to see what it was all about. I didnt "need" anything per se but probably would have bought some 9mm. I did buy one of the green tip range packs. Limit of 2 but I bought one. an older couple behind me was looking for 9mm. Well I was something like 18th in line so I figured it was unlikely that either they or I would see any 9mm. Nope, there was none when we got up to the front of the line.

It was interesting because many people there would have gladly paid $40-50 for a box of 9mm and here I was with several boxes in my trunk that I paid $13.99 for earlier in the summer lol. I would have offered a box to the couple but I didnt think about it in time. Probably a good thing because I would have felt silly selling it for what I paid for it after lugging it around for a few months...but i would have felt bad trying to make a buck off of them too

Last edited:
I can say I am not part of the problem. Simply becasue there is no ammo to be found in my area. For grins, I stopped into a local Bass Pro yesterday becasue I was driving by. Pre pandemic stocked two isles of ammo was down to a section as wide as my kitchen table. A few 100 packs of .22, 2 boxes of .44 mag. a few boxes of 6.5 creedmoor, and a few boxes of 20 gauge. Very sad.
The Bass Pro in Hooksett, NH has had their ammo isle filled with firearm accessories for a few months now.

In the rare chance you can stumble upon some ammo there it will be on a small end cap though most likely the end cap will be empty...☹️

There's plenty of ammo as long as you're willing to pay out the nose for it. I've done a lot of business with Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore in the last couple years, but looking at their ammo prices now, which are significantly higher than can be found at many other places on line, I think I may be done with them. They're also selling the AR I bought from them for $800 less than a year ago for $1000 now. I guess it isn't as bad as Cheaper Than Dirt selling stripped Anderson lowers for $299 though.

Back