testtest

I am seriously thinking about a body cam

"You can not go anywhere without being on camera and I do not see any signs anywhere saying I am on camera."

I recall Walmart parking lot having "...video surveillance" signs posted.
From what have read, many of walmarts cameras were not operational due to liability concerns, but that may have changed?

From what have read, many of walmarts cameras were not operational due to liability concerns, but that may have changed?
I don't know if their cans were functional, but do recall the signs. Sometimes just having a sign stating cameras are in use can be a deterrent.

As mentioned, when out in public people are always using cell phones to film. Not to mention, web cams and everything else. You can not go anywhere without being on camera and I do not see any signs anywhere saying I am on camera.
Some barrels are scribed as follows, "Smile and wait for flash"!

In Kentucky you can audio record conversations without notifications to those being recorded. You can audio and video record anytime you are in a public place. I have multiple GoPro’s set up on/in my truck and all of them will power up and start recording with the push of one button. They are programmed to record for an hour then start over for another hour unless stopped to keep the recording.
You can’t be to safe.
As far as a body cam you may/could run into privacy issues recording on/in private property.

I don't know if their cans were functional, but do recall the signs. Sometimes just having a sign stating cameras are in use can be a deterrent.
My neighbor has a fake camera and a sign. Lol.

In Kentucky you can audio record conversations without notifications to those being recorded. You can audio and video record anytime you are in a public place. I have multiple GoPro’s set up on/in my truck and all of them will power up and start recording with the push of one button. They are programmed to record for an hour then start over for another hour unless stopped to keep the recording.
You can’t be to safe.
As far as a body cam you may/could run into privacy issues recording on/in private property.
Well I guess if asked, one could just say it is not turned on. If they want to argue about that, I would then say that look around at all the cell phones are you harassing them to make sure they are not recording?
In the end I think that in the event that your footage is required for a serious situation, even if you are not involved, the worry about if you could or could not record is going to out weigh everything else.
I see video all the time shot in stores, shops, restaurants and just about everywhere else all over tv and youtube.

I was seriously considering getting a dash cam (front and rear) before the pandemic hit. Now I don't drive half the distance I use to.

On a side note, the last accident I came across, there were about 10 people getting the perfect video with their phones. Not one of them was even trying to help the guy that was clearly injured or even called for help. They litterally stopped there vehicles to get out and take a video.

I’m what you call an “LTL truck driver”. I deliver freight to houses and businesses essentially the mailman but in a tractor trailer, and I only perform curbside/tailgate delivery for residentials as per company policy/liability insurance.

I use the camera so I don’t have to argue with people I just drop there crap by the mailbox and leave.

ive had 3 people already call corporate on me lying not realizing I had the entire interaction recorded

I was seriously considering getting a dash cam (front and rear) before the pandemic hit. Now I don't drive half the distance I use to.

On a side note, the last accident I came across, there were about 10 people getting the perfect video with their phones. Not one of them was even trying to help the guy that was clearly injured or even called for help. They litterally stopped there vehicles to get out and take a video.

I’m what you call an “LTL truck driver”. I deliver freight to houses and businesses essentially the mailman but in a tractor trailer, and I only perform curbside/tailgate delivery for residentials as per company policy/liability insurance.

I use the camera so I don’t have to argue with people I just drop there crap by the mailbox and leave.

ive had 3 people already call corporate on me lying not realizing I had the entire interaction recorded

Exactly what I was saying, the world has become a messed up place. My folks could not stand a liar or a thief, I mean they hated those people. So I grew up the same. I can not stand a liar, makes my blood boil. To me I can understand stealing some food (first I would suggest asking) if you are starving, but what I can not stand is lying about it.
That said, the world is full of these people. Again you have to cover your six, because law enforcement, courts and everyone knows that everyone is a liar and you have no way to say that you are not, because that is exactly what everyone says.

I would run the risk of challenge of inform/consent as the video documentation is most powerful, particularly when one is in the right; it's going to be leaked anyway and that will work in favor of the innocent.

Sad isn't it, that in todays world a helpless victim can be pummeled and not one person in the crowd is going to risk coming to his defense. Back in the day this did not often happen as the perp would face a swarming from the righteous indignation of the crowd/bystanders.

I once and still sometimes put my i-Phoney discreetly in my top pocket with the camera facing outwards (no flash on) and record matters of uncertainty.

And why is it that We the People have to keep finding ways to defend ourselves from the lawyers and town prosecutors even after the malevolent populous decides to attack. Why is it all on the victim to prove an attack of any sort from the systemically protected?
It Wasn’t Me - Lie, Deny and Deflect is the going trend and the shaky empty sack judges favoring the movement. But there’s video! Wasn’t me, there’s a orange snack food commercial that promotes that tried and true affirmative defense.

With all due respect about video/audio evidence, say a dash cam to prove someone cut you off in traffic and/or contributed to the crash or the outdoor infrared house cam capturing images of someone prying open your back door, is only good for the insurance company - if the other party can be found AND is insured, otherwise your still liable for the deductible and claim payout demerit.

Laying out coin for cameras can’t hurt as another tool in the chest and maybe could provide a 50/50 chance to avoid a criminal charge. Although didn‘t one of the corrupt MSM outfits pay big money for footage they can and will spin?

"You can not go anywhere without being on camera and I do not see any signs anywhere saying I am on camera."

I recall Walmart parking lot having "...video surveillance" signs posted.
The signs at retail establishments are an attempt to reduce "shrinkage" (shoplifting).
I watch Active Self Protection on YouTube and it is amazing how few armed robbers wear masks these days.
I find it funny because masks are the norm now and they can't even follow that rule!

There has been a reversal; now it is guilty until proven innocent. The victim must prove he is a victim.

And the PoPo are as likely to charge the victim for they seldom care or tell the difference.

Back