testtest

I carry: Springfield Armory Hellcat......

I am looking to buy the Hellcat but I have seen some comments about the trigger being unsafe is there an issue with the trigger
There is no issue with the trigger. If you train with your pistol you’ll overcome any personal issues. The issue that was being had was from improper use of the trigger trying to pull it from the side instead of pulling head on like it’s supposed to be used. Also the person that said this issue has publicly stated he hates Springfield products and will do anything he can to turn people away from them.

There is no issue with the trigger. If you train with your pistol you’ll overcome any personal issues. The issue that was being had was from improper use of the trigger trying to pull it from the side instead of pulling head on like it’s supposed to be used. Also the person that said this issue has publicly stated he hates Springfield products and will do anything he can to turn people away from them.
Who's this person? Any proof?
I ask because I work at a gun range and we've had 5 customers with this issue and 1 being a veteran LEO. I watched one video where a guy shows what people are complaining about and then he made another on what he did to FIX the issue. We tried it on one Hellcat and it did fix the issue.
My Hellcat OSP hasn't had the issue but you can't blame one person when others have the same issue. That's like saying the same thing about the P365 with all the issues it had. Blame the owner not the gun?
SA first posted an email saying the gun functions as it was designed but I highly doubt this was the design they were talking about.
Here is a great video:

I ask because I work at a gun range and we've had 5 customers with this issue and 1 being a veteran LEO. I watched one video where a guy shows what people are complaining about and then he made another on what he did to FIX the issue. We tried it on one Hellcat and it did fix the issue.
My Hellcat OSP hasn't had the issue but you can't blame one person when others have the same issue. That's like saying the same thing about the P365 with all the issues it had. Blame the owner not the gun?
SA first posted an email saying the gun functions as it was designed but I highly doubt this was the design they were talking about.
Here is a great video:
I watched your video I fix mine safety works fine thanks a lot preciate the post other should follow just be very very patient

Here is a great video:
Interesting video. Let’s review.
You believe there is a problem with the trigger safety on your HellCat firearm so you use a file on a section of the trigger blade safety device and remove material.
You have modified a safety feature on your gun.
A day, A week or a month later you use that firearm to defend yourself from an attack and you kill the attacker(s)
That gun is taken by police and an investigation is done on that firearm and it is discovered that a safety device on that firearm had been modified.
Your Screwed. End of review.
My opinion.

You believe there is a problem with the trigger safety on your HellCat firearm so you use a file on a section of the trigger blade safety device and remove material.
A day, A week or a month later you use that firearm to defend yourself from an attack and you kill the attacker(s)
That gun is taken by police and an investigation is done on that firearm and it is discovered that a safety device on that firearm had been modified.
My opinion.
I am an ex LEO. You would have to know the bottom of the safety was filed. Safety works fine. I did not remove any of the surface that comes in contact with the receiver. Look at one and you will see. I am most likely installing an Apex trigger soon. And if the cops look at anything it will be the ammunition you used. I carry factory only.

Just got reply from SF.
The Hellcat™ employs a proven trigger safety mechanism that is used in many of today’s most trusted firearms. When the trigger safety lever that is incorporated into the trigger is not engaged, it blocks the trigger from moving rearward. The trigger safety is also designed to minimize the risk of the pistol firing if dropped, or firing if the trigger is exposed to any movement that is not a direct firing pull.

The trigger safety in the Hellcat functions as designed and we have done extensive testing to ensure its reliability and safety. Not only has it been proven by hundreds of respected members of the firearms community, the Hellcat™ has recently been awarded approval for law enforcement use by the National Tactical Officers Association and received their highest Gold rating.

As with any firearm, it is important to familiarize yourself with the safe operation of the firearm before any use, including for self-defense purposes. Additionally, engaging in proper and regular training for those who carry firearms for personal and self-defense is highly recommended.

The safety of our customers is of the utmost importance to Springfield Armory, and we design all of our firearms to hold this high standard.

If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,

Springfield Armory

My opinion.

They say the same thing about trigger jobs and every other modification. The problem is there isn’t a single example anyone can cite, and I’ve asked, where it’s actually happened. The closest thing is that cop who used his personal shotgun on duty, killed a perp and he had “ You’re Effed” painted on it.

Back