testtest

I Empathize with Those Who Live in States With Waiting Periods

youngolddude

Professional
I've never had to wait days or a month to receive a new gun at a store until now. I found my next gun at a gun shop and found out I couldn't buy it without a hard driver's license. I had a paper temporary, but it wasn't good enough. I had let mine lapse and had to get a new one. I was surprised I got my new license in 7 days, so it's off I go today to pick it up. Normally, I'm out the door in about 5 minutes, so it's been quite a shock to have to wait, so I feel your pain if you live in one of those commie places.
Enjoy your day.

What irks me , here in Illinois , I go in to buy a firearm and I have to fill out paper work and then wait 3 days. Now I have a firearm concealed on my person with the state's permission slip but I still have to wait 3 days.

Stupid laws!!! :mad: 🤬 🤬 🤬
Just to add to that, before we even got a conceal carry card we had to be background checked just to get a F.O.I.D. first.

RO.jpg

One mag, no box, but under $600 for an RO Target model.

Here in MN I can walk out with my purchase once NICS is approved (within minutes), however...if I buy a gun in ND, it has to be transferred to a FFL in MN and thatch take anywhere from an hour or two, to a day or two depending on the shop and their FFL. I'm used to waiting a bit, but 7 to 10 days...up to 30 days, whew - not cool.

What irks me , here in Illinois , I go in to buy a firearm and I have to fill out paper work and then wait 3 days. Now I have a firearm concealed on my person with the state's permission slip but I still have to wait 3 days.

Stupid laws!!! :mad: 🤬 🤬 🤬
I had to wait 7 days on my last purchase, they'll no longer give it to you until the background check comes back.

Sorry for this sidetrack, but it's sort of related:

My next-door-neighbor just got a promotion and is relocating to IL from WI. It got me thinking....there is no job I would accept for almost any money (within reason) to move to IL. More than 1/2 my gun collection would be illegal and I could not legally bring my collection there, much less fire them at a public gun range or get them repaired at a gunsmith or sell them.

What a world we live in. FYI, I live less than 30 miles from the border and go into IL 3-4 days/week in my sales route. Carrying concealed for me costs significantly more than most (with chambered-round rotations).

After further thought, it would have to be FU money to get me to move there.

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬Czarina Janit Mills and the dumb@$$ I mean duma, AKA demoKKKrat controlled Maine legislature just enacted a 10 day waiting period for all firearms.
I was under the impression that was what the "instant" background check was supposed to do away with.
Oh, that's right one 🤬 Wack job in Lewiston and the rest of the population has to suffer FOREVER!
Anyone still think it is about, crime, safety, guns, or is it just about control?

Sorry for this sidetrack, but it's sort of related:

My next-door-neighbor just got a promotion and is relocating to IL from WI. It got me thinking....there is no job I would accept for almost any money (within reason) to move to IL. More than 1/2 my gun collection would be illegal and I could not legally bring my collection there, much less fire them at a public gun range or get them repaired at a gunsmith or sell them.

What a world we live in. FYI, I live less than 30 miles from the border and go into IL 3-4 days/week in my sales route. Carrying concealed for me costs significantly more than most (with chambered-round rotations).

After further thought, it would have to be FU money to get me to move there.
If you have a CCL from your state , you are allowed to have a loaded firearm in your vehicle here in Illinois. You just can't get out and walk around with it.

I understand how you feel. I wish I could afford to pack up and move out of this state .

Hi,

I encourage all of us to take part in the election process. Volunteer, be a poll worker, write letters and emails to politicians, find an organization that knocks on doors and try to "get out the vote", and talk about national reciprocity, standardizing firearm legislation across all the states, etc. Yes, it is a shame that in Californistan I had to wait 10 days after my FFL had received my purchase, or had to wait after paying for my item at the LGS. These infringements do nothing to lower crime rates or homicides or "gun violence". Like Mr. @bc22wm said, it's about control.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

If you have a CCL from your state , you are allowed to have a loaded firearm in your vehicle here in Illinois. You just can't get out and walk around with it.

I understand how you feel. I wish I could afford to pack up and move out of this state .
I've heard that, however, I also heard (and read about) needing to unload said firearm, lock it in the glove box or in a case, and have it stored in the vehicle "out-of-reach" from yourself...seperate from any mags or ammunition. A sheriff's deputy (Jo Davies County) told me to unload it, store it the locked glove box, keep my mag in the center console and I'm safe outside of Chicago and Springfield. With differing stories some from LE, I do what seems most likely to follow law. We all know the law is whatever the officer in front of you believes it to be, at that moment (sarcasm intended, but it is true)...I would want and hope to avoid having to defend/pursue anything in court, so I err on the side of caution. Even if it's too cautious. Consequently, I rotate previously-chambered rounds (marked with a sharpie), and that forces me to go through ammo more than I'd like.

yup, and when the scandemic hit, and people were flocking to gun stores (here) all the police chiefs were begging the governor to add more time to the waiting period due to such a back up of gun purchases.

it went from 7 to 8 days....then "up to 30 days"!!
i should point out, with a ccw, there is no waiting time, and like others, takes longer to fill out the 4473, than to get the NICS check....

with out a ccw, it went back to an 8 day wait time.

but too, to buy ammo, one must have that ccw, or the RI "Blue Card" i have spoken of many times in the past.

without either, you ain't buying ammo.

and......one must provide a downloadable Blue Card or ccw to any online ammo retailer...or NO online ammo sale.

Back