testtest

I figure Bassbob gotta be in here

I seriously doubt it. I will say that just looking at the picture there you can see 3 of my major influences, a fantastic, white, funk bassist and one perpetually pissed off, antisemitic song writer with very little actual skill on bass, but who somehow has his own "Signature" line of Fender basses even though it's well known that the bass in more than half his band's recordings was performed by their phenomenal guitarist, Dave Gilmour.

Hi,

What am I? Chopped liver?

I thought Will Lee would be worth more.

Tal, a "singer"? :ROFLMAO:

With my incredible lack of talent and vast misfortunes, I could slide right in there between Jimmy Bain and Willie Dixon. :LOL:

Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Hi,

What am I? Chopped liver?

I thought Will Lee would be worth more.

Tal, a "singer"? :ROFLMAO:

With my incredible lack of talent and vast misfortunes, I could slide right in there between Jimmy Bain and Willie Dixon. :LOL:

Thanks for sharing.

BassCliff

Tal is phenomenal. Not really "Rock" though if you ask me. Will is a good player, but lots of people are good players. Most of them becomes session guys. Session guys rarely make "Greatest Rock" lists. Well, except Page and John Paul Jones. Speaking of which JPJ should definitely be on the list.

"With my incredible lack of talent and vast misfortunes, I could slide right in there between Jimmy Bain and Willie Dixon."

This will not get you on any "Great rock bassist" lists. ;)

Hi,

Oh yeah, Tal is a great player. I just cringe a little at her "singer" title. ;)

This kinda reminds me of that old joke...

Q. How do you make a small fortune?
A. Start with a large fortune and take bass lessons.

:ROFLMAO:

I'll show myself out.

BassCliff

Hi,

Oh yeah, Tal is a great player. I just cringe a little at her "singer" title. ;)

This kinda reminds me of that old joke...

Q. How do you make a small fortune?
A. Start with a large fortune and take bass lessons.

:ROFLMAO:

I'll show myself out.

BassCliff
She's quite nice to look at as well.

I know there's a bunch of bass player jokes, but the fact is there really should be more singer and drummer jokes. I know a million singers and drummers who can't find work in decent bands. I shut down my band 6 years ago and I still get calls.

Hi,

She's quite nice to look at as well.

I know there's a bunch of bass player jokes, but the fact is there really should be more singer and drummer jokes. I know a million singers and drummers who can't find work in decent bands. I shut down my band 6 years ago and I still get calls.

Definitely cute and very talented. Her work with Jeff Beck was phenomenal.

Q. What did the drummer get on his I.Q. test?
A. Drool

It's tough to find a good drummer around here, nobody can keep time. Tempo is just a suggestion. Don't get me started. I've been doing mostly duo gigs since moving here. Easy and lucrative.

BassCliff

Hi,

Definitely cute and very talented. Her work with Jeff Beck was phenomenal.

Q. What did the drummer get on his I.Q. test?
A. Drool

It's tough to find a good drummer around here, nobody can keep time. Tempo is just a suggestion. Don't get me started. I've been doing mostly duo gigs since moving here. Easy and lucrative.

BassCliff
What do you call a guy who hangs out with musicians ?

A drummer.

I seriously doubt it. I will say that just looking at the picture there you can see 3 of my major influences, a fantastic, white, funk bassist and one perpetually pissed off, antisemitic song writer with very little actual skill on bass, but who somehow has his own "Signature" line of Fender basses even though it's well known that the bass in more than half his band's recordings was performed by their phenomenal guitarist, Dave Gilmour.
Poor Roger. He never gets the recognition he so richly deserves. Just ask him. What an assclown.

Poor Roger. He never gets the recognition he so richly deserves. Just ask him. What an assclown.
Even if you disassociate his assclownness from his art it's enough to slag on him if you ask me. He wrote some great songs, but he is no bass player. If you watch modern videos of him on stage he has a bass in his hands and there is another bass player on stage doing all the heavy lifting. He did write the hook for the song "Money" which is very cool, but pretty much everything else of consequence is David Gilmour. Including the fretless on " Hey You".

He is definitely an assclown though.

I tried a few times to learn guitar. Finally figured i wasn't coordinated enough or smart enough. Even tried playing the coronet a few times
Guy that was teaching me had dogs and they would howl big time.😆 i just ain't got what it takes to be a musician of any kind.

Back