testtest

I found a new gun oil/cleaner

jumpinjoe

Professional
Anybody ever hear of "Milsek" (est 1914) Gun oil and cleaner? I accidentally ran into it and decided to buy a bottle to try. But before I used it, thought I'd ask around to see if any of you folks are familiar with it.

It claims to clean well, then the cleaner evaporates and leave only the oil. They're touting it for both metal and wood surfaces. They also explain it's pretty flammable. :cautious::unsure::unsure::unsure:

What say y'all????

Anybody ever hear of "Milsek" (est 1914) Gun oil and cleaner? I accidentally ran into it and decided to buy a bottle to try. But before I used it, thought I'd ask around to see if any of you folks are familiar with it.

It claims to clean well, then the cleaner evaporates and leave only the oil. They're touting it for both metal and wood surfaces. They also explain it's pretty flammable. :cautious::unsure::unsure::unsure:

What say y'all????
Fire in the hole?

First I’ve heard of it….
Looked on amazon, and they seem to make all sorts of furniture polish, metal cleaner and the like. I rather suspect that that’s where the 1914 startup lies, rather than as a gun product… but I could be wrong.
As far as gun cleaners & oils go, the only thing recent that might be considered “new” might be Tetra.
Face it, most are derived from the same few chemicals with the same general properties .
But it’s worth a try! if you find it works well, please post !!

Most of the time CLP will do an ok job of cleaning and lubricating. It doesn’t do either extremely well, just ok.

That said, I use a lot of CLP, but I’m a guy who’s guns are always clean. I shoot ‘em, I clean ‘em. I don’t shoot them for a month or so, I wipe them down and oil them.

…another old name in cleaners/oil that I used some while back is Clenzoil. Been around since shortly after WWII and started by a vet.
I don’t recall why I dropped it ( maybe it was hust my discovery of the excellent Lucas products) but it was essentially one product also like Milsek seems to be: the cleaner & lube all in one.
Anybody here use Clenzoil ? Any problems like gumming, too runny, won’t clean carbon, or whatnot ?

i use good ole tried and true, Hoppe's 9 cleaner and Weapon Shield synthetic lube oil

then for some cleaning of my revolver wheel(s) i use Kroil, then blow that out with an air compressor.

that's about the only other product i use (Kroil)..

i HAD a lot of other cleaners and for me, i want job specific chemicals, not a "one and done".

i go back to the videos of GunBlue 460?

who said it makes no sense to clean and lube with the same product. cuz you ain't really cleaning with a "one and done".

not only the oils, but the cleaners as well.

i get polymer safe, cleaning spray at the range. i cannot recall the name, it's in my workshop.

i'll get it later
OM - would it be Tetra Action Blaster (Synthetic Safe) ?
I have that stuff; works great for cleaning ammo residue, old oil, or the solvent just used for cleaning.
Let it dry then follow up with a good lubricant….

I picked up some free samples of Lucas products at a show 2 years ago. I've been using their automotive products for years and they work extremely well. I found the firearms products to be equally effective and that's what I use now. Previously, I used Hoppe's #9 Bore Solvent and oil along with Break Free CLP. I only use the CLP on the non-contact metal parts just to protect the finish. I apply, let it sit for half an hour, then wipe off the excess leaving a nice shiny finish, then lightly oil the metal-to-metal contact points, barrel, and reassemble. I clean my firearms every time they're fired and check them every month for touch-ups as needed. This may sound excessive to some but I've yet to have a problem, even though some in my collection are 50+ to 100+ years old.

i use good ole tried and true, Hoppe's 9 cleaner and Weapon Shield synthetic lube oil

then for some cleaning of my revolver wheel(s) i use Kroil, then blow that out with an air compressor.

that's about the only other product i use (Kroil)..

i HAD a lot of other cleaners and for me, i want job specific chemicals, not a "one and done".

i go back to the videos of GunBlue 460?

who said it makes no sense to clean and lube with the same product. cuz you ain't really cleaning with a "one and done".
I been using my air compressor to blow it out also it works great I am with you I use old hoppes stuff myself old school

Does Tetra lube still contain Teflon? It no longer mentions it on the bottle. I went to buy some new after I ran out of my old that was a decade old and since it made no mention of Teflon in it and it looked different and felt different on my fingers I did not buy it.

I picked up some free samples of Lucas products at a show 2 years ago. I've been using their automotive products for years and they work extremely well. I found the firearms products to be equally effective and that's what I use now. Previously, I used Hoppe's #9 Bore Solvent and oil along with Break Free CLP. I only use the CLP on the non-contact metal parts just to protect the finish. I apply, let it sit for half an hour, then wipe off the excess leaving a nice shiny finish, then lightly oil the metal-to-metal contact points, barrel, and reassemble. I clean my firearms every time they're fired and check them every month for touch-ups as needed. This may sound excessive to some but I've yet to have a problem, even though some in my collection are 50+ to 100+ years old.
I'm not 100% certain on which new gun purchase came with lucas that I've bought? I haven't tried any of them yet, but maybe if I counted them I might be able to answer?

Does Tetra lube still contain Teflon? It no longer mentions it on the bottle. I went to buy some new after I ran out of my old that was a decade old and since it made no mention of Teflon in it and it looked different and felt different on my fingers I did not buy it.
Far as I know it’s still the PFTE product. But I’m not certain if thats exactly what Teflon is or if Teflon is a derivative product from PFTE.
Ive bought some online recently and also over the last couple years (although it’s near about impossible to find on shelves anywhere around here) and it seems the same as the first I ever used.
I will check their website and search online… u got my curiosity up.

Back