testtest

I found a new gun oil/cleaner

I have been using Wilson Combat Ultima-Lube for years. I miss the thick tan grease that came in a syringe. I had put just shy of three thousand rounds through a Colt MT6700 preban. When I sold it the man asked why I hadnt fired it much. I would clean and lube after every range visit. I now use their Ultima-Lube II now on all my 1911s and semi autos.Its what Bill Wilson reccomends on all their firearms. Their bore polish is pretty neat stuff too. Works great with RamRodz. Our local academy carries these now.

I have been using Wilson Combat Ultima-Lube for years. I miss the thick tan grease that came in a syringe. I had put just shy of three thousand rounds through a Colt MT6700 preban. When I sold it the man asked why I hadnt fired it much. I would clean and lube after every range visit. I now use their Ultima-Lube II now on all my 1911s and semi autos.Its what Bill Wilson reccomends on all their firearms. Their bore polish is pretty neat stuff too. Works great with RamRodz. Our local academy carries these now.
RamRodz rulz for cleaning !

I
Just read about this on another forum. It’s supposed to be environmentally friendly.

When Hickock 45 tells me it’s ok to give up my Ballistol and try this stuff I’m all in

I use Ballistol as well, pretty much exclusively, after seeing Hickock 45 using it as well. If nothing else, it sure doesn't stink up my house like Hoppes did, and seems to get things pretty clean. I blow out the excess with the air compressor in places I can't reach with cleaning patches or clothes.

Update on the oil and solvent from liberty oil according to the my sources from liberty oil some of the 100% synthetic oil with the American flag in the front are fake ones you need to go on libertys web site and order from there not eBay . So I did and pick up the hlp oil and a bottle of the cleaning solvent all safe for polymer guns also

Update on the oil and solvent from liberty oil according to the my sources from liberty oil some of the 100% synthetic oil with the American flag in the front are fake ones you need to go on libertys web site and order from there not eBay . So I did and pick up the hlp oil and a bottle of the cleaning solvent all safe for polymer guns also
Thanks for the heads up on the fake oil.

Thanks for the reminder .......... I've not heard back from "Milsek" yet regarding my inquiry on their gun cleaner/oil. I had forgotten I emailed them. I'll be back. (y)(y)(y)

OK, finally got a response from "Milsek" this afternoon at 6:14pm. I'm copying the text from the email reply below:

"Hello Joe,

Our gun cleaner and oil will clean the firearm and then the cleaning agent will evaporate, leaving the oil behind to lubricate. This works exceptionally well on the internal parts of the firearm but also does well with the stock/grips whether it be polymer, synthetic, or wood. If the gun seems to have too much Milsek on the outside of the firearm it can always be buffed off.

We have tested our Gun Cleaner and oil on polymer framed firearms such as Glock and Sig Sauer. We have never experienced any damage done to any of the firearms and have used the cleaner on several firearms for years.

Your polymer framed firearms will be fine with Milsek. If you have any additional questions feel free to email us back or give us a call at 330-542-2700."

OK, here's the update we've been waiting for. I promised to let y'all know how this "Milsek" stuff works after I had a chance to try it.

I don't even know how to say it, but I love it. Man, I told y'all before it was so super clear, I couldn't describe it. That it was clearer even than water. And the smell is really good for indoor cleaning ..... even the wife said so. Can't really describe it ..... but no petroleum!!!

So, I was at the range yesterday with 3 of my favorite 9mm's, 2 .22 cal semi's, and my Thompson Center Contender bbl'd with my .357mag. Shot all 6 of them a fair amount.

Got everything out tonight to start cleaning and scrubbed each bbl of all guns with "Ramrod" swabs spritzed with the "Milsek". I keep my guns up regularly so I didn't expect much lead or copper fouling. As expected, there wasn't much if any. However, it took all the black powder residue out on 1 "Ramrod" swab (each bbl) with just a couple swipes rather than several small white patches with "Ballistol". And better yet, it left just about the same amount of oil I would have have gone back with another white patch or mop. So, less materials used, less effort/time, less smell for the better half to holler about. (A good thing!)

Did a normal 'field strip' and wiped down and over all the mechanicals/moving parts with either a clean, white cloth, an old toothbrush or a plumbers soldering acid brush, again lightly spritzed with the "Milsek", which ever one got to the most areas without a total tear down. Then something I rarely do, but this time wanted to see the result .... I wiped the actual bristles of both brushes with a clean, white cloth after I used them. Obviously you can't see the dirt and grime on dark bristles, but when you wipe them down with that white cloth you can see plenty ..... assuming whatever cleaner you're using is picking up the crud. Believe me when I say 'the crud was being picked up'. 👍 👍 👍

As I cleaned each one and reassembled, I wiped them down all over (including a couple inconspicuous spots on the poly) with another clean, white cloth slightly spritzed with the "Milsek" and just laid them all down to dry on a 2' X 2' carpet sample I use when cleaning and/or repairing guns. Each one laid there while I cleaned the rest of them. The longest time for any of them was probably <1 & 1/2 hour/s or so while I wiped down all the mags.

As I began picking them up to return them to the safe I examined each one pretty carefully noting especially just how the "Milsek" cleaner appeared to be evaporating while leaving the oil as advertised. I was really surprised to see they were actually drying up and losing most all the bright, wet look shine from the cleaner when I laid them down, but were still just oily enough I wasn't afraid to put them away. However, I'm not quite sure they might not need a few drops of some oil along each rail of the slide when I go back to the range. I'll see what they look like then.

In fact most were dry enough to just put them away as they were, but I decided to give them a good 'once over' before I put them back in the safe since I wasn't sure when I'd remember to check them out again. And a little 'buffing' really gave them (poly included) a really nice satin look.

*One thing to note here is that a 'little goes a long way'. On the first gun, I folded a clean, white cloth over 4 times, gave it about 5-6 (what I thought to be light spritzes), and immediately knew that was way too much. After a quick wipe there was enough oil on the surface to take a bath in or do an oil change on my truck. So I wiped it down pretty dry and started over with another cloth and just two, very light spritzes. That was much, much better and on the second gun I actually only used one spritz on the cloth. That was absolutely perfect. Probably could've done the next gun without another spritz, but did it anyway. And remember I didn't spritz directly onto the guns, only on the cloth.

So guys, all I can say at this point is I really like what I've seen. It seems to be that what they told me from the manufacturer via the email I copied here to the forum is exactly the way it is. And as with the clarity of the cleaner/oil, I can't quite describe the feel of the oil. With a normal/common application, it feels pretty much like any oil. But with the amount left after a wipe down and a time to dry the cleaner, it felt more 'smooth' than 'oily'. Don't have a better description than that, but they felt really good (protected) and they looked really good for no more time than was spent on them. And especially the Contender ..... for you that know them, you also know how deep and rich their blue metal work is. And tonight mine was extra nice !!! I'm anxious to try it on my blued Colt Trooper III tomorrow night.

Other than that, I don't know what more to say. I really like it so far and will use it again. If there's any change in results or opinion, I'll let y'all know.

OK, here's the update we've been waiting for. I promised to let y'all know how this "Milsek" stuff works after I had a chance to try it.

I don't even know how to say it, but I love it. Man, I told y'all before it was so super clear, I couldn't describe it. That it was clearer even than water. And the smell is really good for indoor cleaning ..... even the wife said so. Can't really describe it ..... but no petroleum!!!

So, I was at the range yesterday with 3 of my favorite 9mm's, 2 .22 cal semi's, and my Thompson Center Contender bbl'd with my .357mag. Shot all 6 of them a fair amount.

Got everything out tonight to start cleaning and scrubbed each bbl of all guns with "Ramrod" swabs spritzed with the "Milsek". I keep my guns up regularly so I didn't expect much lead or copper fouling. As expected, there wasn't much if any. However, it took all the black powder residue out on 1 "Ramrod" swab (each bbl) with just a couple swipes rather than several small white patches with "Ballistol". And better yet, it left just about the same amount of oil I would have have gone back with another white patch or mop. So, less materials used, less effort/time, less smell for the better half to holler about. (A good thing!)

Did a normal 'field strip' and wiped down and over all the mechanicals/moving parts with either a clean, white cloth, an old toothbrush or a plumbers soldering acid brush, again lightly spritzed with the "Milsek", which ever one got to the most areas without a total tear down. Then something I rarely do, but this time wanted to see the result .... I wiped the actual bristles of both brushes with a clean, white cloth after I used them. Obviously you can't see the dirt and grime on dark bristles, but when you wipe them down with that white cloth you can see plenty ..... assuming whatever cleaner you're using is picking up the crud. Believe me when I say 'the crud was being picked up'. 👍 👍 👍

As I cleaned each one and reassembled, I wiped them down all over (including a couple inconspicuous spots on the poly) with another clean, white cloth slightly spritzed with the "Milsek" and just laid them all down to dry on a 2' X 2' carpet sample I use when cleaning and/or repairing guns. Each one laid there while I cleaned the rest of them. The longest time for any of them was probably <1 & 1/2 hour/s or so while I wiped down all the mags.

As I began picking them up to return them to the safe I examined each one pretty carefully noting especially just how the "Milsek" cleaner appeared to be evaporating while leaving the oil as advertised. I was really surprised to see they were actually drying up and losing most all the bright, wet look shine from the cleaner when I laid them down, but were still just oily enough I wasn't afraid to put them away. However, I'm not quite sure they might not need a few drops of some oil along each rail of the slide when I go back to the range. I'll see what they look like then.

In fact most were dry enough to just put them away as they were, but I decided to give them a good 'once over' before I put them back in the safe since I wasn't sure when I'd remember to check them out again. And a little 'buffing' really gave them (poly included) a really nice satin look.

*One thing to note here is that a 'little goes a long way'. On the first gun, I folded a clean, white cloth over 4 times, gave it about 5-6 (what I thought to be light spritzes), and immediately knew that was way too much. After a quick wipe there was enough oil on the surface to take a bath in or do an oil change on my truck. So I wiped it down pretty dry and started over with another cloth and just two, very light spritzes. That was much, much better and on the second gun I actually only used one spritz on the cloth. That was absolutely perfect. Probably could've done the next gun without another spritz, but did it anyway. And remember I didn't spritz directly onto the guns, only on the cloth.

So guys, all I can say at this point is I really like what I've seen. It seems to be that what they told me from the manufacturer via the email I copied here to the forum is exactly the way it is. And as with the clarity of the cleaner/oil, I can't quite describe the feel of the oil. With a normal/common application, it feels pretty much like any oil. But with the amount left after a wipe down and a time to dry the cleaner, it felt more 'smooth' than 'oily'. Don't have a better description than that, but they felt really good (protected) and they looked really good for no more time than was spent on them. And especially the Contender ..... for you that know them, you also know how deep and rich their blue metal work is. And tonight mine was extra nice !!! I'm anxious to try it on my blued Colt Trooper III tomorrow night.

Other than that, I don't know what more to say. I really like it so far and will use it again. If there's any change in results or opinion, I'll let y'all know.
Thanks for the update and info JJ, Is appreciated.
Will have to keep an eye out for some next time out and about.

Back