testtest

I have got to get

the obsrver

Master Class
A new side arm. I have been playing with the old c9 hi point that I bought 20 years or so ago and it just is not accurate. I bought it for a bed side feel good fire arm and knew it was nothing great. I have always preferred rifles and longer shooting anyway. So a higher quality side arm was just never high on my list of needs. Well now that I am with someone who likes to shoot and we went shopping for her and she has been to the range a few times, SHE CAN OUT SHOOT ME. Well when I am using my hi point she can. If I am shooting hers it is much closer, but I am still a little better then she is. :)
So I knew my sights were off on this hi point. Yesterday and today I decided to remedy that. Yesterday I was not at a range that was well equipped for sighting in a side arm. But got it closer. Today I went prepared and to a little better range. I took my time and accounted for some it it just being me. All I can say is it will hit body mass at 15 yards. When I had it about as good as I thought I could get it, I took my time standing at the 10 yard and shot about 5in low on the majority of the shots. Could be me pushing it (anticipating and pushing down right before the shot). However the side to side is not great either and that is what the out of adjustment problem was to start with. It still shoots left but not a darn foot at 60ft like it did before. But shooting 10-15 yards you can hit close on the first couple, then pull one slightly to the right, then have two fliers that are 7in left. Not bad height wise, just way left. From the bench or from standing. I don't get it. I finally after 60 rounds from the bench, making slight adjustments after each 5 shots until I did not adjust anymore for 20 rounds decided it has to be the gun. I was shooting at a 9x11 target I had printed and 3 of 5 would be within 3-4 in and 2 out of 5 would be out 6-7 in from center. I tried to figure out if it was the first couple of shots that were better and I thought it was, but it really did not seem to matter. The 2nd and 5th might be fliers or the 3rd and 4th, or the 1st and 3rd. It did not seem to matter, all from the bench all the same ammo, all taking my time and really trying to get some sort of grouping anywhere on the target. But I simply could not get a decent group out of that gun and never have been able to.
SO IT IS TIME FOR ME TO GET A NEW SIDE ARM. And that is the rest of the story. (I have shot a lot of other peoples side arms and never had a problem)
Also the pushing it and being low while standing might have something to do with the 10 plus pound trigger that it came with. Idk, but I do not have that problem with the wife's hand gun.

Last edited:
Well, well… having said all that, ‘srver, all I can think to say is get you a new sidearm , dang it !!
😆😇

Seriously, what are u leaning towards ?

Having your wife shoot better than you is like her carrying around your balls in her purse. I will not stand for this!!!
Leaning towards this one. I have gone back and forth on a couple different ones, but I really like the idea of being able to switch magwells if I decide to.

If you want your balls back get you a shiny, stainless 1911! You get street cred and you can shoot like hell with one.
I do really like the Ronin, beautiful fire arm, but it is a beast to carry at 41 oz compared to 27.5 of the osp compact.

Back