testtest

I miss SACS of old

Billy1911

Operator
Founding Member
I really miss the SACS ( Springfield Armory Custom Shop ) of old . They use to offer checkering and a full array of custom services . 20 Lpi and 25 Lpi checkering , Accurizing package , Reliability package , sight options ,Trigger work , internal tuning , magwells , frame modifications , slide mods , refinishing services , barrel mods , Safety work , etc .

Before 2016 you used to be able to send your new or used Springfield pistols back to SACS to have them modify and customize your pistol to your hearts content . So if Springfield did not sell the exact new pistol you wanted , they could make it for you . Or if you bought a used Springfield they could do the same as well , making it better then new . It was a great way to have that Semi Custom pistol at a good price .

When I bought a really used beat up Longslide years ago for 700.00 it was my LGS range pistol . It was a mess , Broken rear sight , idiot scratch , the rest of the pistol was scratched , springs worn out , checkering battered up , the slide to frame fit was loose , the grips would not stay screwed on . So I sent it into the Custom shop . I had them do the Accurizing Package , Trigger job 3.5 lbs , add a magwell , dovetail and replace front sight , replace rear sight , refinish the frame and slide . The pistol is now a one hole shooter it looks brand new . Since then SACS sold me on Springfield . I've since bought a TGO-1 , Professional , Combat Operator , a Champion I sent back to them for full Custom work as well . The SACS option of old was a great one .

34910977743_a8d303401f_h.jpg

Last edited:
Springfield Stainless Longslide with Range Officer

lvDJDxU.jpg

Springfield Stainless 9 MM Loaded

aYWgPeS.jpg

Not a 1911, but my newest. Steel frame and slide Beretta 92X Performance, with extended 20 round mag.

COoyTmZ.jpg

EJOwA5B.jpg

Back