testtest

i take exception to this review

Old_Me

Ronin
i have a G-44, and it has been FANTASTIC each and every time.

i use an assortment of .22lr ammo, and each brand i shoot? excellent results.

========================================================

he had only 1 failure, likes the gun, but is "skittish on buying one"..???

Glock 44​

For my dearly beloved regular readers, this is probably the least surprising selection on the list, based on my standalone review of the G44, as well as its inclusion in my “5 Worst Glock Guns On Planet Earth.” As I said in the latter article: “I’ve seen and heard more complaints about reliability issues with G44 than any other product offering from that company, including from some of my own 19FortyFive colleagues. In my own hands-on experience with the gun, I only experienced one malfunction in 49 rounds fired – using the Aguila Prime Super Extra High-Velocity 40-grain copper-plated bullet – and got good accuracy results with it, but since I’ve been so spoiled with ZERO malfunctions from centrefire calibre Glocks…yeah, I’d be skittish about buying a G44.”

the author

Christian D. Orr is a Senior Defense Editor for 19FortyFive. He has 34 years of shooting experience, starting at the tender age of 14. His marksmanship accomplishments include: the Air Force Small Arms Ribbon w/one device (for M16A2 rifle and M9 pistol); Pistol Expert Ratings from U.S. Customs & Border Protection (CBP), Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE), and the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) Criminal Investigator Training Program (CITP); multiple medals and trophies via the Glock Sport Shooting Foundation (GSSF) and the Nevada Police & Fires Games (NPAF).

===========================================================

and the article

Don't let your bias hit you in the as*.
There are a number of truly bad guns out there, so let the buyer beware.
i am talking about the G-44

i never had an issue with the G-44.

to me, best darned little .22 i bought,

in fact, when i was thinking about buying a .22, i had considered a Taurus model (nearly the same price), but then i had read many problems on gun sites about issues.

That is why I listen to forum members like this one who actually use different firearms with various ammo, instead of so called experts and paid journalists.
I have yet to have buyers remorse.
lest not forget, many times, reviewers are paid to do so, rather than be freelancers, and get paid later for thier works.

also, many times, a "reviewer" him/herself is biased due to maybe perhaps a love of a product they'd rather have than what they are reviewing?

That is why I listen to forum members like this one who actually use different firearms with various ammo, instead of so called experts and paid journalists.
I have yet to have buyers remorse.
This 100%
there is only "maybe" 4 You Tuber's that i like, will watch thier video, but not make up my mind, on what they say.

as far as "buyers remorse"...only 1 time did i have that, and that was when i bought a NIB gun from my buddy's sister..

she and her hubby bought guns during the scamdemic, she bought a S&W EZ 380, he bought a G-19

loved the G-19, couldn't stand the .380..to me, it was just "too wimpy" a gun over all my 9mm's...

so that .380 saw a sale really fast.

I think at first there was issues with the G44, me and my brother’s run fine, the author should have included the Sig .22 pistol, it had barrel leading issues when it was first introduced, been corrected now, but you don’t see much about it since it’s a Sig and not a Glock…
Yeah my 322 is a POS, i don't have the barrel leading but mine wouldn't feed much and light strikes galore. think i posted a thread here on that too and why it does it, but did watch a couple on fixing it and one i did and done what he said and it fixt 90% of it.

I don't know if they changed the firing pin design or not on the new ones. i did watch one guys review on it after the problems. you could tell this clown was sent a gun for free. he had multiple light strikes and jams and even a little barrel leading. and at the end he said it was a good functioning gun. all 22 handguns are finicky and have feeding problems which we know he is full of BS.

i have a G-44, and it has been FANTASTIC each and every time.

i use an assortment of .22lr ammo, and each brand i shoot? excellent results.

========================================================

he had only 1 failure, likes the gun, but is "skittish on buying one"..???

Glock 44​

For my dearly beloved regular readers, this is probably the least surprising selection on the list, based on my standalone review of the G44, as well as its inclusion in my “5 Worst Glock Guns On Planet Earth.” As I said in the latter article: “I’ve seen and heard more complaints about reliability issues with G44 than any other product offering from that company, including from some of my own 19FortyFive colleagues. In my own hands-on experience with the gun, I only experienced one malfunction in 49 rounds fired – using the Aguila Prime Super Extra High-Velocity 40-grain copper-plated bullet – and got good accuracy results with it, but since I’ve been so spoiled with ZERO malfunctions from centrefire calibre Glocks…yeah, I’d be skittish about buying a G44.”

the author

Christian D. Orr is a Senior Defense Editor for 19FortyFive. He has 34 years of shooting experience, starting at the tender age of 14. His marksmanship accomplishments include: the Air Force Small Arms Ribbon w/one device (for M16A2 rifle and M9 pistol); Pistol Expert Ratings from U.S. Customs & Border Protection (CBP), Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE), and the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) Criminal Investigator Training Program (CITP); multiple medals and trophies via the Glock Sport Shooting Foundation (GSSF) and the Nevada Police & Fires Games (NPAF).

===========================================================

and the article
I wouldn’t worry about it. A LOT of .22’s are ammo sensitive, plus there’s some funky rimfire ammo out there. My 322 Sig would NOT run Aquila ammo (light strikes) until after a return to the mothership-no works with anything. If I bought a new handgun from ANY mfgr and it had functional issues out the gate it’d be sent in and I’d give them a chance to repair it. FWIW I can’t stand Glocks (feel, look, grip angle) but the darn things DO work. I’d expect their .22 to be the same.

I wouldn’t worry about it. A LOT of .22’s are ammo sensitive, plus there’s some funky rimfire ammo out there. My 322 Sig would NOT run Aquila ammo (light strikes) until after a return to the mothership-no works with anything. If I bought a new handgun from ANY mfgr and it had functional issues out the gate it’d be sent in and I’d give them a chance to repair it. FWIW I can’t stand Glocks (feel, look, grip angle) but the darn things DO work. I’d expect their .22 to be the same.
no the thing was, he said it was a good gun, only had 1 issue with the ammo, and said he'd be "skittish to buy one"...like WTF, for the results he got, i'd say he had a great outcome, and with hm being a so-called expert, he would have known that as well, enough to not have said he'd be "skittish"

i too have fired the same ammo, as well as nearly all others.......no hiccups.

it's a fun little .22

Back