testtest

i think i passed a kidney stone earlier

Old_Me

Ronin
yeah, well....i think i did.

been thru this before more than once.

i had been to my urologist, where i get an ultra sound.

had 1 stone in the left kidney...then 1 was found in the right..

last ultra sound, the left stone was gone, so doctor theorized 1 of 2 things......could have been a "clump" of stones all together, making it look like 1 @ about 5mm

then the other was estimated to be @8mm

well, one (or the clump) was no longer there.

today, i think i either passed the whole stone, or maybe it "broke up", which HAS happened in the past, as back then, i actually was able to "catch it" in a special cup the doctor gave me, and i could clearly see, it was broken in half.

many years ago, the ultra sound found 14, yes 14 in my left kidney, resorting to 3 visits to "blast them".

this is a pic of some of those, after the blasting, and many days of passing them, notice the "few" that were quite large..!!

1673034193833.jpeg

and here are 2 more, that came out at another time, and that is a dime in the picture, sorry picture too big, and i cannot downsize it thru a program that i have.

Last edited:
I had 1 my senior year in HS and had no clue what was going on. I was at an out of town basketball game (65 miles) (just watching) with my girlfriend. Pain was increasing, so we up and left before half time. She drove no telling how fast back to our local hospital. I'm just glad I didn't have to pee it out (yup, the other direction). Lower back pain was horrible. Definitely not a fun time. Glad you're feeling better.

Lower back pain was horrible.
actually, for a few days now, i have been having back pains.

however, the other day, i had done some updating to my reloading bench. the bottom shelf was just held in place with a C-clamp at each end. so i went to Lowes and got flat headed bolts. drilled holes into the wooden shelf, and into the bench frame...then i added a light underneath it as well....

simple, right...??

but i have had 4 major back surgeries, here is a picture of the MRI, side view..

1673042815572.jpeg

and i think that as i was working, kneeling, sitting on the floor, i twisted my back....then the pain hit me the next day, up to today..

swallowing Aleve, Excedrin, and Ibuprophen like no tomorrow.

this is an old picture of the bench, but see how dark it is now..??

wg9GzSBXZn2J1XPXN1AMHFol_5-e1ePLQqMv8KCmUl1qjjVM-sW6ujRM0gP_K77JYT46CIsJ50E6OYMBo8o1GlfyDz1X_dPA2m3M7to9zowF3a4tzP2WTber0dNDBfb6DKA7qC4ZSmj4-4FYZ35bki6aI4Ub0BjiiCVEvBhxD-hOBiAfeipKgq8bd5byQwMRz-aFcjQGlWpJ30pimjZUuUUDdHrISI7a4diIFygxnPxoD4KNAXniADYjZNm4R2kMp1nKpbHcSRajiSnnLgfMCiiFTOVsfw7aRs4sFOeeRLEEYP2NUBBGWWmMw2f3OcGYLAB0RmoPD_WATuAqL1GPEb4rxp_X_oRl_OFRellFVmOWCkIVLBlkeNfKaXHhA25kfkK3SjcyLVzZxs03ZnZxoEjeB41OJ0cB9h2AJymx0u8admbTm7JiIC78BQm_GkBWsw17rrfNfTIGbbyrGNuSSMiDBlU95PlVWtqGUfodHkUiSQsTExmkUjy9Euc4xpb1-hrzlSO-9LELUlCQXnfTFUnYpLww0UUh9o3sOF4dBSNCxNypR6WSjsj-lbRcYGfMRnUoq9ugr6wwTfcOakAHCNiwZVEBGeSQcKKBlzBih62AZDFf9Pkc2t8v1xrl6aBdPomgxyQYTY5RUVi70XyVD_uvLTwf5Tmd5wnqSO2Ouu-rpW3DqQLdq-V1iy6D685dIYFDmx4r-UgR45LJGqRyjzTHhd-tUGlS0tUJxuKszq7XX1HJ-MJZgPXt0B8QiTnO5vNNkDxDlmGp0BvL-T_KXZu2MmyvE-LTXpXkT3p3GUfoQYnsJLSmK-lp1PGnPuuAFmKCOqKncfAoOulmpxN0ecTRFBpB44WUNdmkTgdUs5HeIABj1LVL3BZaRoFW5vgFxiEFh_YaKI3fNjYLHKXpjQ8ubnXpyPASsC_Pu7vQFrTIXhlQ=w1250-h937-no

i'll provide a pic with the light shorty.

0bqR_9E-_eyEpEHFNr51gfWlzjimEA5yB70YQ_mxpbMUiIGTInlPFIh66YPcXt7TfFEmUZ-xABqJ5JNT3fde5fO450wjwfc3VyQO2Eb0SDmz7ehfHELo1w38wHARx5szCLrlC07HSuSGCufsGhiRrl9_E_10n9U4zvFeC_0lovxIo7rRoUd0weAGiEVf4eW1yfl45LD9imBRYXs-e8CY9Yi1Jx8xLDQUNG9w2BhJOfJJwa5PKZXBGB5wOM0KNL98_AlQsPbYm0_Pun9bz8jTKYsm5_5u-vDuRYva3oEufKJEQXbUmp7SuW4nXO82SOek5AD6nLyCcupshBFCrEQyGA9s1vI54mu0dTyYtyP1B-FgUBrn5FK184zI0mOuYuaS3gOzh_kVOxcQTAnuk_dEtw8SMFrqRBVm8lEiFDgQ0T2wyFplMPA445x77QpKC6tPKkNbYY0_PehgDiLqxZICVgJnRoPWnLIcggjWWvJxbMsftn50kfpvBgc1QzARKZoIRmH_ZbhBc0-ubDkRrkX2GZNJT9FXO37fav2A2qJKVqvFKL08h2oRNbTwotU1HMfHmHRR7FHxp0uJv5isxMZSBZyzXcQ2qsfkTWBNvfBhCFu_yq6Zn3PCQJl9csXjMcrqX9RhDwvoyNZ69SmRgCdmEKoCDTNkj83DZOu4r0bpJAmoB734jdyLDP0B4_OnKI9QwtkjNscflXk7cGpstsE93LNA1s18Lm85pO7ZhrUdn1o-M0wSNYIY204Hv-75GpOab2Y6LdQYXoaxfW539Nhrz9M72CU1J2pOU0F_OxnZ7qyiAG2U_HjJDfxROe3vivHyasp5JtQjX83EiD96dNjoYAYbcq8qDbPucY9_aRkQ0FIbrH0qBKadX-8LuE8Rq8B4n5aKUlrnGP-UOOSEGwEekMPBL57eyLDNLGbSRw6k9KufYwVp=w1250-h937-no

I had fusions from c3 to c7 back on 4/5/15. Within 6 months the top screw from 1 side of the plate pulled thru and since then 1 side is loose. Still no relief from than procedure. I hope your back gets better luck!
i have (or had) the last screw in the hip area show a "shadow" on an MRI, indicating the hole was a tad larger than the screw.

been since June/July of 2016 when that was discovered. doctor said it should not be a problem.

i have 2....4" (1 on each side) screws from my pelvic into my Ulum(sp??) (hip bone)

i am fused from L3 all the way down to the pelvic bone, i cannot recall the exact numbering down there. been since Jan 2017 the final operation

so needless to say, i am supposed to be CAREFUL with what i do, but sometimes, as i am working on something, i go a bit too far. like bolting that bottom shelf to the bench, kneeling, and then sitting on the floor, and twisting my body.

trust me, i do not 'Over do it" shoveling snow, climbing ladders, etc.

i have (or had) the last screw in the hip area show a "shadow" on an MRI, indicating the hole was a tad larger than the screw.

been since June/July of 2016 when that was discovered. doctor said it should not be a problem.

i have 2....4" (1 on each side) screws from my pelvic into my Ulum(sp??) (hip bone)

i am fused from L3 all the way down to the pelvic bone, i cannot recall the exact numbering down there. been since Jan 2017 the final operation
Pretty sad when these type of surgeries only somewhat stabilize on not really fix the issues with their high priced home depot hardware! Hopefully on Friday the 13th I will get answers to my neck problems! Some of these docs show they care, but still don't get the issue fixed. I ask if the chafing of the plate and screw could/can cause harmonic pain, but all they say is "I can remove the hardware". For those dollars I'll pass as there is no answer to my question.

my "issues" were fixed when the discs were removed, and bone was placed, to "fuse" all the area.

but however, that puts a strain on the discs above/below what was removed, so in time.......more operations.

at my age, choices to be made for sure......in my future.....i wish NOT to be wheelchair bound either.

my funeral director is gonna make a killing at the recycling yard with all this titanium in me....... when i get cremated...... :ROFLMAO:

my "issues" were fixed when the discs were removed, and bone was placed, to "fuse" all the area.

but however, that puts a strain on the discs above/below what was removed, so in time.......more operations.

at my age, choices to be made for sure......in my future.....i wish NOT to be wheelchair bound either.

my funeral director is gonna make a killing at the recycling yard with all this titanium in me....... when i get cremated...... :ROFLMAO:
Sounds like "what's the melting point of frosting" on a cake. I tried lighting 77 candles for my grandma years back and only got maybe half lite when a large flame arose. She laughed like none other! Maybe there's system to lighting that many?

Sounds like "what's the melting point of frosting" on a cake. I tried lighting 77 candles for my grandma years back and only got maybe half lite when a large flame arose. She laughed like none other! Maybe there's system to lighting that many?
2 things...

1) on our B'Day cakes, we buy the numbers instead of individual candles. except for the little ones, they like lots of fire....lol

2) with all these back operations one can see why now, i don't drive the 40-50 minutes one way, to the state outdoor free range....

the 20 minute drive is easier on me, to the public range, and the less than 10 minute drive to the club is even easier

when i drove trucks, it was not uncommon for me to stay in the seat for a run from RI to Richmond, VA in less than 10 hours.

all things considered, at least i can walk...slowly climb 45 stairs occasionally, and lean against the bench at the shooting port to steady myself, and have a blast.

UPDATE

by the way, a couple of weeks ago, after getting another ultra sound on my kidneys, and going for a PSA blood test (to check for possible prostate cancer, which i DO NOT have), the doctor called me, but i missed his call.

we "had" an appointment for 12:40 PM last friday.......but he didn't call, until like 1:15...i had already left the house...i wasn't going to wait any longer, and why should i, when i too have things to do.

anyway, no mention of the PSA blood test, however, the patient portal printed the results and they were good.

last november, the results were just under 6 points......my results were always under 2 points.

he told me in the office, (before i went for the blood work up) not to worry, too many things give a high reading..

anyway, in his recorded message to me, he said he needs to send me for yet another ultra sound, but i could not understand what he was saying.

in the office, he had told me 1 stone was like 4mm x about 7mm in size....

that's like the size of a #2 pencil eraser.......which i had passed 1...once before, and nope, no pain, it was rounded and slid right out like i mentioned above....

and, he had already scheduled me for another ultra sound in a few months

so...........until i get a snail mail, for newer quicker appointment for that ultra sound, i have no clue why he skipped over the PSA results, other than he already saw it was "normal", before he called me.

thing to is, to avoid kidney stones..??

there are foods to stay away from

hhhmmmm...let's see, i am a diabetic, so i have to stay away from some foods

i cannot tolerate dairy, so i have to stay away from that stuff, as well as ice cream...(but i can eat eggs, as eggs are not diary)

when i read the list of foods to avoid kidney stones..??

i am reduced to either Gerber baby food, or earth worms.........

my family wonders why i am a grouchy old man, as there are not enough worms in my garden

UPDATE

by the way, a couple of weeks ago, after getting another ultra sound on my kidneys, and going for a PSA blood test (to check for possible prostate cancer, which i DO NOT have), the doctor called me, but i missed his call.

we "had" an appointment for 12:40 PM last friday.......but he didn't call, until like 1:15...i had already left the house...i wasn't going to wait any longer, and why should i, when i too have things to do.

anyway, no mention of the PSA blood test, however, the patient portal printed the results and they were good.

last november, the results were just under 6 points......my results were always under 2 points.

he told me in the office, (before i went for the blood work up) not to worry, too many things give a high reading..

anyway, in his recorded message to me, he said he needs to send me for yet another ultra sound, but i could not understand what he was saying.

in the office, he had told me 1 stone was like 4mm x about 7mm in size....

that's like the size of a #2 pencil eraser.......which i had passed 1...once before, and nope, no pain, it was rounded and slid right out like i mentioned above....

and, he had already scheduled me for another ultra sound in a few months

so...........until i get a snail mail, for newer quicker appointment for that ultra sound, i have no clue why he skipped over the PSA results, other than he already saw it was "normal", before he called me.

thing to is, to avoid kidney stones..??

there are foods to stay away from

hhhmmmm...let's see, i am a diabetic, so i have to stay away from some foods

i cannot tolerate dairy, so i have to stay away from that stuff, as well as ice cream...(but i can eat eggs, as eggs are not diary)

when i read the list of foods to avoid kidney stones..??

i am reduced to either Gerber baby food, or earth worms.........

my family wonders why i am a grouchy old man, as there are not enough worms in my garden
Being a fellow diabetic with heart concerns I can really relate. If it doesn't fly or swim I'm not supposed to eat it, and even then how either are cooked is another concern.

Back