testtest

I would like to see a subcompact comparison

The point of my desire was to see one popular group of pistols in a comparison, the high capacity subcompact. If you were to perform such a comparison, you have to draw the line somewhere. The prolific calibers, sizes and capacities would overwhelm any testing regimen. This was done previously by I believe, Guns and Ammo. I may be wrong, it has been some years and a quick search didn't bring it up. They featured small, single stack (?) pistols. Ruger, Beretta, Taurus, Glock, S&W and others were part of this.
That said, this category is a hot commodity that has brought multiple manufacturers to the table with their version in hopes of capturing market share. The 365, Hellcat, Max 9 and the Shield Plus come to mind, but as I said, I am not familiar with every model out there that fits into this category. Single stack with 6 or 7 rounds, nope. Grip inch and a half thick, nope. 30 oz. chunkster, nope. New SA-35, nope. Two shot derringer, nope.
Would some manufacturers be intimidated? I'm sure they would. On the other hand, if they believed in their product, they would at least know it would be as fair as possible with multiple testers involved. Several guns have gone through 10,000 round tests recently and I believe it was donated. They were apparently confident in their product as well and stood to lose if rounds didn't go off.
To reiterate, candidates should approximate the specs of the 4 guns mentioned, specifically in dimensions, caliber and weight. I thought inquiring minds would like to see such a thing, but if I'm wrong, so be it. Yes, I've seen some limited comparisons or articles claiming to report on the best x number of concealed carry guns for 2021, but they didn't do it for me. I could be a writer, too if I just listed the talking points on each model and fired a few rounds and by the way, click here to see the prices.

The point of my desire was to see one popular group of pistols in a comparison, the high capacity subcompact. If you were to perform such a comparison, you have to draw the line somewhere. The prolific calibers, sizes and capacities would overwhelm any testing regimen. This was done previously by I believe, Guns and Ammo. I may be wrong, it has been some years and a quick search didn't bring it up. They featured small, single stack (?) pistols. Ruger, Beretta, Taurus, Glock, S&W and others were part of this.
That said, this category is a hot commodity that has brought multiple manufacturers to the table with their version in hopes of capturing market share. The 365, Hellcat, Max 9 and the Shield Plus come to mind, but as I said, I am not familiar with every model out there that fits into this category. Single stack with 6 or 7 rounds, nope. Grip inch and a half thick, nope. 30 oz. chunkster, nope. New SA-35, nope. Two shot derringer, nope.
Would some manufacturers be intimidated? I'm sure they would. On the other hand, if they believed in their product, they would at least know it would be as fair as possible with multiple testers involved. Several guns have gone through 10,000 round tests recently and I believe it was donated. They were apparently confident in their product as well and stood to lose if rounds didn't go off.
To reiterate, candidates should approximate the specs of the 4 guns mentioned, specifically in dimensions, caliber and weight. I thought inquiring minds would like to see such a thing, but if I'm wrong, so be it. Yes, I've seen some limited comparisons or articles claiming to report on the best x number of concealed carry guns for 2021, but they didn't do it for me. I could be a writer, too if I just listed the talking points on each model and fired a few rounds and by the way, click here to see the prices.

Using your thoughts, the comparison are good ones, likely by many people too? But, to pull it off? Are tons of variables to consider for sponsors, writers and possible consumers and many are different for different reasons. Time and budget are only two of many. Some comparisons and opinions are pretty much obvious, like basic function. That's not even touching on manufacturers variables they need to consider. They have to or should normally consider covering a wide range of different needs and things that will appeal to many consumers, not just a handful of people for a product to be widely successful. Some things are a trade off and some aren't. Not many people want just a nice looking gun for just a wall hanger. That's likely obvious as well?

Opinions? Many writers just give or only can give an opinion of a single firearm out of many clones that can vary from one to another depending on their particular set of circumstances. Personally wouldn't consider many to be completely gospel or writen in stone. For example, anyone can normally watch a dozen range tests and judgement of some things, but the end result is still what a particular handgun does what for what individual and not many people are duplicates of another person. Some work is guesswork, while some is individual trial, success and/or error. Basically, results can and do vary by an individual or and with a particular gun.

Costs? Doing multiple comparisons will likely not just add the individuals handguns critique individually, but also comparatively among the amount of contenders up for comparison. That increases not only the time multiplied by amount of guns compared, but also the time and effort to do things comparatively as well. There can easily be a lot tied up in those efforts. 20 can seem like a small number - until added up in comparative terms against each other.

On the flip side of an all out comparison? Am thinking a majority of people can spot just plain bias, hype or money grubbing from an opinion or review and even if some can't or don't see it, the truth will likely come out when a product is very successful or flops after enough time has elapsed, generally in the 1st year.

Comparatives? Normally, when jumping on a bandwagon or when something is 1st new or unknown and hits the market, when it first pulls through those gates, those same products can have some pitfalls leading to more or less refinement to function and sometimes some advantages / disadvantages like pricing? They can be either good, mediocre or poor thing out of the gate. Like with many things, getting a few opinions and perspectives from good writers to gather enough info to make an informed choice or decision is wise even if testing by one's self. From three or more opinions to judge quality is normally regarded as enough to form a good choice or to walk away. Good or not so much, it still seems to be what a good majority of people do already to form opinions and comparisons?

Back