testtest

I would run from the bear

1579651793802.jpeg

Oh no........run!!!

Most of the griz Recovery populations in MT expanding, we're getting more "visitors" in my area.

A couple summers ago a young male spent the summer hanging out at a nearby golf course area. He didn't cause any issues until he decided to start making a winter den & the golf course then decided they didn't need another hazard on one of the fairways. So the state folks came in and relocated him. Unfortunately he got in trouble and got habituated to human garbage & stuff so they put him down this last summer.

Lots of cats & black bears in the area, and with the probability of griz now one starts looking around one's self more often now when out in the woods.

Most of the griz Recovery populations in MT expanding, we're getting more "visitors" in my area.

A couple summers ago a young male spent the summer hanging out at a nearby golf course area. He didn't cause any issues until he decided to start making a winter den & the golf course then decided they didn't need another hazard on one of the fairways. So the state folks came in and relocated him. Unfortunately he got in trouble and got habituated to human garbage & stuff so they put him down this last summer.

Lots of cats & black bears in the area, and with the probability of griz now one starts looking around one's self more often now when out in the woods.
Grizzlies on a grill just grizzle!

I remember back in the day when the Exxon Valdez tanker ran aground.. As part of the clean-up effort our office sent some personnel up to work on it.

When they came back they had a pic of a human fatality from a brown bear attack on an ocean beach. The pic showed a pair of hiking boots with leg bones sticking out about 1/2 way up the shin where they were broke off. The bone was cleaned off down to the top of the boots, which still looked usable.

Here's a report from Alaska on bear attacks from 2000-2017.

http://www.epi.alaska.gov/bulletins/docs/rr2019_02.pdf

I remember back in the day when the Exxon Valdez tanker ran aground.. As part of the clean-up effort our office sent some personnel up to work on it.

When they came back they had a pic of a human fatality from a brown bear attack on an ocean beach. The pic showed a pair of hiking boots with leg bones sticking out about 1/2 way up the shin where they were broke off. The bone was cleaned off down to the top of the boots, which still looked usable.

Here's a report from Alaska on bear attacks from 2000-2017.

http://www.epi.alaska.gov/bulletins/docs/rr2019_02.pdf
Dont tell me, the next iteration of bear protection will be latex/rubber suits. Hunting season will look like a Marvel Universe set.

The type of ammo used is also very important. Something with a soft tip is going to deform and may not penetrate resulting in a rather surly bear. I'm just guessing here because I don't have many bears around to actually test this, but the extream penetrator rounds might work well. That would be the two rounds in the middle.
50996708_1196466540511549_870712522280271872_n.jpg

Back